The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#145172 - 03/22/08 08:01 AM Re: Food allergies.... [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Danita, if you see this,please email me. I need Arbonne. Thank you. I'm not sure I have your current email address.

I have a friend who has food allergies and she shops at Trader Joe's. She can't live without them. Do you want me to see what the great items are that she buys?

Danita, I'm thinking you need to get ahold of some of your favorite spices to jazz up your food. They make such a difference.

And by the way, last time I saw you, it didn't look like you needed to lose weight!

Are you going to Vegas?

#145173 - 03/22/08 12:20 PM Re: Food allergies.... [Re: Mountain Ash]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Danita, thanks for the link, on my behalf, as well as my grans... I forwarded the link to my daughter who has three younguns with allergies, one has severe reactions to nuts.

#145174 - 03/22/08 02:29 PM Re: Food allergies.... [Re: Mountain Ash]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
Danita
I had a blood test for allergies about 7 years ago and share a few of your allergies -- yeast and cane sugar. Add eggs to my list, so that eliminates almost all baked goods.

My husband is allergic to cows' milk.

Actually, it's been fine. Get sourdough bread -- it's made without yeast, but with a starter -- you have to read the labels. There's also some brands of fajitas made without yeast.

What amazes me is how many products include sugar -- soup, sauces and even chicken bullion!!!! There are many products made with beet sugar and other sweeteners, including the Endangered Species brand of chocolate, by the way, but sometimes you don't know if it's cane or not, so I just avoid it.

We found a rice butter (better than soy butter), and there's also something called Earth Balance which is like butter. There's a good brand of goat yogurt and lots of great goat and sheep cheeses. I use Pecorino Romano instead of parmesan. It helps if you have health food stores, or Whole Foods, or Trader Joes in your area, but you can find certain things in the chain grocery stores.

Blood tests are much more accurate than skin allergy tests for food allergies. And after a while, you can test out a food to see if you still have a bad reaction. Sometimes you can add foods back. The most important thing I learned was that you shouldn't eat the same thing day after day after day (which might me hwo allergies sart), but wait 2-3 days before repeating.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved