The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 198 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#141237 - 02/10/08 07:14 AM Re: Scottish talent [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
OK IM TALKING TO MYSELF and doing my sunday thing in public so i just husshhhhh now.

#141238 - 02/10/08 07:48 AM Re: Scottish talent [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

sorrie one last one this is in galic cheek the harmonies and how fast those ladies can sing and not mumble their words, its my beloved karen lol oh and some others lol. oh its also stoped lucien having a cry to listen to it lol, music tames the savige, best, ermmm 3 yr old lol.

please one of you be as exited as i am about all this lol.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9OxlTf1cgEw&feature=related

this is light and happie, i know imagine a happie celtic song a contradiction in terms lol.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bs_JHxfzAq8&feature=related

oh the transantlantic sessions are scottish, irish and american fusion so in the listen click and watch a few, theirs some amazine old but butifull ones with a new twist, that song may you never lay your head dowen" (without a hand to hold) thats their somewear the transantlantic sessions are worth seeing hearing lol if ya like this type of music or the fusion of.

this is gospialie/bluegrass stuff, from the transalantic sessions
"will the circle be unbroken"
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1RIn-ov1yJM&feature=related

they even do the fusion cover of dollies joelean, its a bit diffent but exilent wityh little celtic musical section fiddles and stuff worth a listen anyway

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cuodZHxspL0&feature=related

i promise i will stop now lol. control is all

#141239 - 02/10/08 11:37 AM Re: Scottish talent [Re: celtic_flame]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Thanks MA and celtic. It's all beautiful.

Sit back and enjoy the music, celtic.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#141240 - 02/10/08 10:51 PM Re: Scottish talent [Re: celtic_flame]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Oh, Celtic...you've brought back some wonderful memories for me...First, since I'm Scottish, having you provide links to songs and things happening is awesome. I LOVE the accent, love the music and HATE Haggis. My first visit to Scotland found me at a tiny village cafe...I asked for something 'traiditonally' Scottish. They asked me if I'd ever heard of Haggis...Of course, I hadn't and they said I had to try it at least once. I asked them what is in it and they said better to taste it first. Well, one bite and that was it...I removed it with my napkin and turned a weird green color and it was after the laughing died down and people picked themselves up off the floor that I learned what is in it. UGH!!!! How anyone can eat that stuff is beyond me. There may be good versions of it but I'll never know because I'll never put another Haggis in my mouth.
Thanks for the giggles tonight and a return to Scotland in my memories. You're a sweetheart for sharing all this and I greatly appreciate it, dear Celtic. I've been fortunate to travel in many countries in Europe and without prejudice I can say that the Scottish people have to be the friendliest on earth.

#141241 - 02/11/08 06:01 AM Re: Scottish talent [Re: Dee]
celtic_flame Offline

ANNO DEE thanks , i enjoy that music imenslie. Now i am biased i know manie a man done a great version of manie a galic song but women have something over them, even wen doing some burnes stuff (that was written from a mans perspective) Ther is something in the female vocie that convayes longing, loss, some of the more complicated of emotiones that fit so well with galic songs and tradditions, often their singing of loss or love or anguise or in the case of Karens "four walls" the clearinces that the female voice has the edje on, and i stand by my biase. Dee cappercallie is the group karen matheson is from. She got an obe for her services to the galic language and culture, 20 yrs ago treatedned with no native speakers the language would have diead now theirs people all over the world learning it! canada, usa, europe its amazine. So if you serce u tube for them as well as eddie reader, and M ASH named people you come across we gems and tresures of your owen.

HAGGISE no wonder you turned green, i was in a highland towen called drumtadroket about 7 or 8 eatting blackpudding with my brakfast, it was a touristie shope/cafe and hanging was a tee cloth with the recipe of black pudding, i stopped eatting mid way and never eat the stuff again (made from pigs blood) i though peole had gone crazie, same with haggise can't do it lol. VWEGATARIAN haggise about all i can do, i know im a wimp and i wont put salt im my porrige either we have it with honie and yougart lol. BUT i do have a kilt that i wear often lol. in fact po rembers me first time in my kilt lol. thats a storie for another time lol. Me and my old kilt (not my new one) had manie an adventure and got me into manie a bit of trouble, love it lol.

I been guiltie in paricipating in telling a few foreners that haggise was a special kinda animal that lived on the hills of scottland, one side of its boddie had two legs longer than the other side for ease of running around the scottish hills, i sorrie i was young but it was fun lol. can you see it in your head lol.

i posted some of my favourites songs from my favourite artists and i know the "my love is like a red red rose" is kinda cornie for a wedding but i just loved it and i promise po sings it butifullie, its stopped manie a fight from happening lol.

so glade you enjoyed the music hope it provides links for more stuff that you can discover.

i get home sick too. before the age of twn i cover all of scottland top to bottom across and inbetween, saw sights i will rember always...and some time i just yearn for scottish rain lol.

#141242 - 02/11/08 10:46 AM Re: Scottish talent [Re: celtic_flame]
Dee Offline

Celtic...blood pudding...yeah, another one I wouldn't touch, either...OMG!!!
Ahhhh, the Kilts. Our clan name is "Scott" and when I went to Edinburgh I sought out a Tartan shop and found that the Scott's have 3 tartans. I didn't even know Clans had more than one...it was pretty good. We have red, yellow and I can't remember the other colors...there may be more I'm not aware of. I purchased a few yards of the red (beautiful and expensive) but that was years ago and I have no idea what happened to it.
Ahhhh...a man in his kilt. My husband thinks I'm crazy, but I'm telling you...can be very, very sexy.
Thanks for the walk down memory lane again, Celtic. And I miss the Scottish rain, too...and little one-lane roads blocked with grazing sheep, mist over the moors, quaint farm houses, warm and friendly pubs, the beautiful lochs, and well...everything Scotland.

#141243 - 02/11/08 11:18 AM Re: Scottish talent [Re: Dee]
Mountain Ash Offline

Dee
clans have an every day tartan..A dress tartan usually with some white woven for special events and a hunting tartan which is muted shades for camoflage.
Any one without a clan can wear the royal Stewart.
There are affilations between clans.and of course bad blood!!
The Campbells and MacDonalds at Glencoe for instance.
MA

#141244 - 02/12/08 11:57 PM Re: Scottish talent [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dee Offline

Glencoe was a magical place to be...I walked the area and heard the stories of the massacre there...how sad. Have you ever been to Glencoe? What is your tartan and what are the colors?

#141245 - 02/13/08 04:55 AM Re: Scottish talent [Re: Dee]
Mountain Ash Offline

Dee Glencoe.."The Weeping Valley"
Yes I have been.The Commando Memorial at the foot of the Glen.It moved me its situation in the bleak valley.
My tartan has two.Blue black and white/hunting with same formation but additional brown where the white would be..We are affiliated to the Campbells.The bad boys at Glencoe.
My Grandfather was in the Highland Light Infintry in the 1914 1918 war and my child's kilt was the Leslie for that.There coincidely is a town next to us called Leslie.
Being a Lowlander we would in fact not have been in kilts.
However attention is paid to sects...as clans really are.
It can be over rated and extreme but interesting just the same.
MA

#141246 - 02/13/08 11:01 PM Re: Scottish talent [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dee Offline

Mountain...I LOVE hearing about your family history and wow...affiliated with the Campbells...so much history. Yes, the bad boys at Glencoe.
The lady at our B&B in Glencoe told us a story...not sure if it's true or not...here it is: When the McDonald's were fleeing a woman and a wee little one were hiding and the child was heard crying. A soldier was sent to kill them...the soldier cut off a finger of the child and let the woman and child run away. Years later the soldier was in a pub telling the story of that night...behind the bar the bartender presented his hand...a finger was missing and he had been that child that the man had saved.
Not sure if it's true but it sounded good sitting in Glencoe on a cold, rainy night having tea in front of the fireplace. It was easy to imagine. In reality, I would think the child would have screamed out in agony had his finger been removed...but, that's what makes legends legends. Hoping somehow good comes out of bad.
I'm sure running around in that climate would not have made kilts practical. Bloody cold up there as I remember. And isn't it true that the mountain there is used to train people who climb Mt. Everest?
I'd love to hear more about your family's history. What's the Leslie kilt? Do you have any photos?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved