The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#141227 - 02/07/08 04:14 AM Re: Scottish talent [Re: jawjaw]
Mountain Ash Offline

A friends daughter had her dna done..she is living in England now but they did live locally.In the fishing villages round our coast.
Scots have long been connected with Celts Normans and in this case a Viking.
Karen had to have her brother give a swab..seems one lady long ago has a lot in common with many scots.
Dee what a mystery..and a story better than the Titanic film... Had you more to go on I would act detective.
MA

#141228 - 02/07/08 06:13 PM Re: Scottish talent [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I wish I had more to go on...but, thanks anyway Mountain Ash. Who knows...we could be related and not even know it. How about I just adopt you anyway?

#141229 - 02/08/08 07:40 AM Re: Scottish talent [Re: Dee]
Mountain Ash Offline

Will we have to go deep into the forest and cut our fingers with a scouts knife and become blood sisters...?

#141230 - 02/08/08 09:48 AM Re: Scottish talent [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Kids used to do that stuff, didn't they? I'd forgotten all about that...how funny.

#141231 - 02/08/08 10:58 AM Re: Scottish talent [Re: Mountain Ash]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
YES...you definitely have to go into the woods and cut your fingers with a scout´s knife (and nothing else)..this is mandatory!!!

What a tale, Dee!

#141232 - 02/10/08 06:07 AM Re: Scottish talent [Re: humlan]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
gosh i forgotten about the blood pact too lol. yea lassies can send a bloodie hankie across the see via the post, well it might work.

nice sight nice music it gets me gosebumps,as usule. the song for his brouthers butifull, the melodie for the alabama songs nice and im on my second playing trying to pice the storie with the words together. I like a lot of the folk songs couse of the storie their telling or remberring somthing from some important time.

wen the snow melts sounds almost monastick.

have you hard the group capperkillie, not the bird the group lol.do songs in english a lot of old tradisional songs from highlands an islands would be forgotten if not for groups like this they also do a lot in galic don't know what thir saying but wonderfull anyway...one fav song according to my frend that did speak and understand was sung about a cow.....don't care sonded wonderfull anywaylol

scottish group i heard them play live in north spain, which is wear i heard my first Ullian pipe concert, due to north spains celtic connection the towen was leon (in spain not frances) ....
never heard that group or the pipes in scottland or ireland for that matter. Must have been something about being away from home and homesick as anything...sometimes whats under ones nose aint appriated till its gone awile.

the group fairground attraction leads singer dose some butifull scottish songs,eddie reader...even some of burnes old songs done slightlie diffrentlie.

dee i rembered that storie you told me it a while back, its a shame thir aint more to go on or even anyway i would know of to even start finding out the ancestral link from what info you have...anyway an affinitie with a countries good enough eh!

#141233 - 02/10/08 06:09 AM Re: Scottish talent [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

thanks mountain its sunday heer and i can't think of a better type of sunday listening then this....

oh i gonna visite my sister from 16th to 22th cure a bit of longing for old familure sightes that somehow hold a bit of newness with them couse i don't get see them that often..cool.sentimental i know, i know lol.

#141234 - 02/10/08 06:30 AM Re: Scottish talent [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

EDDIE READER

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YIKWHuxljFE

KAREN MATHOSEN FROM THE GROUP CAPERKILLIE, this version makes me cry.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bWzXTebD5X0&feature=related
its the better one i think anyway

song bout an affaire and their forced to part, makes sences in its contect.
AE FOND KISS

1/ 3 verses
ae fond kiss and then we sever
ae fareweel, alas for ever
deep in heart-wrung tears I'll pledge thee
warring sighs and groans I'll wage thee

who shall say that fortune grieves him
while the star of hope she leaves him
me, nae cheerful twinkle lights me
dark despair around benights me

I'll ne'er blame my partial fancy
naething could resist my nancy
but to see her was to love her
love but her, and love forever

2/3 verses

fare thee-weel thou first and fairest
fare thee-weel thou best and dearest
thine be ilka joy and treasure
peace,enjoyment,love and pleasure

had we ne'er loved sae kindly
had we ne'er loved sae blindly
never met - or never parted
we had ne'er been broken hearted

sa fond kiss and then we sever
ae fond kiss alas forever
deep in heart-wrung tears I'll pledge thee
warring sighs and groans I'll wage theehttp://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bWzXTebD5X0&feature=related

#141235 - 02/10/08 06:36 AM Re: Scottish talent [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

I HUD THIS PLAYED AT MY WEDDING!!! and on a good day i can couches po into singing it, go on aske her lol.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jXH9DVS76yM&feature=related

my love is like a red red rose and a wee bit of stand up with the intro to the song, i sound a bit like her no not singing just talking lol.

or try the version with her sitting on the rock at a see side youll see it in the side window, boths lovlie as is she....

in the side window youll find other wee tresures....auld lang ssine wild mountain side sang at scottish parliment.

She even dose a version of how great thow art, surprisinglie enough....
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EUQbkZhuaK0&feature=related

#141236 - 02/10/08 06:56 AM Re: Scottish talent [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3kzYaIphbzU&feature=related

ode to the haggise done on burnes night, whats good bout this is its translated in caption outa old scotts into what anyone would understand, whats also good or funnie its just some wee lad in his kitchen made me laugh lol. and then he eats it lol.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved