The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 240 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#140333 - 02/09/08 06:26 AM Re: sex, hitting on strangers and other stuff [Re: ladyjane]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
I have just benn reading through this thread in a bemused sort of haze...nw I am not long up from my bed, only having had one coffee..

so still not quite awake,

but..."the mores across the pond".....Jabber, is that not a tad of a sweeping statement, based on what exactly?? Just a bet/notion? "Anything goes"....hmmmmmmm, I hope it was just an oversight...and not a slight on English, Scotish, Welsh and Irish morality.

Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#140334 - 02/09/08 07:56 AM Re: sex, hitting on strangers and other stuff [Re: Poppie]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I see her speaking to her experience and how things seemed to her personally while in Holland and Italy.

#140335 - 02/09/08 08:25 AM Re: sex, hitting on strangers and other stuff [Re: ladyjane]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Poppie! So good to read your voice in here! You are missed, gal. But knowing you are living your dream warms our hearts.

I totally agree LJ...Jabber doesn't make "sweeping" statements. She is just offering her insight or experience while visiting these places. No offense was meant and none should be taken. Honestly, girls.

I can tell you that while visiting New Orleans, LA, I could make the same statement that Jabber made. Talk about anything goes! Wow...The French Quarter was amazing and this old redneck gal had her eyeballs popping out of her head most of the time. When someone just goes by and stares, its called "rubbernecking." You know, how people do when they drive by a wreck? They don't want to look, but they can't help themselves....well, I was the Rubbernecking Queen in LA. LOL!

It's all just observations, AND it is all over the world.

Am I right?

#140336 - 02/09/08 09:40 AM Re: sex, hitting on strangers and other stuff [Re: jawjaw]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Hey Sweet Queenie,

great to have the time to have a browse and try to catch up on all the BSW news . I miss the craic(fun)!! ! All this learning is fab...but it is nice to pop by and say hey ya to ya'll.

So, More coffee consumed, more alert...just observations eh?? Thats grand sure...I wasn't personally offended, just a wee bit wary...

I don't wanna be popping in for any of that 'ole squabbling now, for I sure do miss you guys.

Big Loves
Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#140337 - 02/09/08 10:05 AM Re: sex, hitting on strangers and other stuff [Re: Poppie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Poppie,
Good to hear your comments. I didn't want to sound like I put European Countries into a category of "anything goes." If it sounded that way, I do deeply apologize!
JawJaw,
Thank you. I could NOT have said it better myself. The comments were observations. I did see stuff being done in public across the sea, I had never seen openly displayed in The States. Perhaps I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I don't know! But ladies I have family I dearly love, overseas. So in no way did [ALL] mean absolute totality. In the future, I'll try to be more careful. If I'm short on time, things are said off the cuff, so to speak. I'm confident Chatty's [ALL] was NOT ALL inclusive, either. I don't believe it was and that's why I agreed. I have known and do know wonderful, awesome, fantastic men: my adoptive dad and husband, are 2 examples. And there are even times when that "gender thing" causes me to get upset with my mate. I guess some of the problem is gender differences????
Humlan, I know it's difficult to prove female rape. There have been a couple school teachers here in the States brought up on charges of molesting their students. But somehow they went to jail any way.
LJ, I've never been a preacher's wife but I've through that
storm. Glad you're okay, now!
Gimster,
Keep smiling; you're a sweetie.
Blessings to everybody! No offense was taken or meant by or from this bigmouth!!!

Edited by jabber (02/09/08 10:07 AM)

#140338 - 02/09/08 10:06 AM Re: sex, hitting on strangers and other stuff [Re: Poppie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh Poppie...I know you better than that. I KNEW you were looking for a squabble, my friend. Absolutely!

I know you're schedule is tight, but please drop in whenever you can and give us an update on your dream as it unfolds...won't you?

Hugs to you!!

#140340 - 02/09/08 04:57 PM Re: sex, hitting on strangers and other stuff [Re: ]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
anne, could you possibly travel in groups, charm the pants off the group members, so much so that they dig deep to find men "good" enough for you? It is most definitely your turn! New territory is in order.

#140341 - 02/10/08 02:05 PM Re: sex, hitting on strangers and other stuff [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anne, if it's the right man, I don't think you'll need to ask. You'll know when the timing is right. What do you think ladies?

#140343 - 02/12/08 10:25 AM Re: sex, hitting on strangers and other stuff [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
That works.

#140344 - 02/13/08 12:25 AM Re: sex, hitting on strangers and other stuff [Re: jawjaw]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
How did this topic get so many stars??

Strangely last week, I had 4 different strange men at 4 different times as I was walking through the construction site...say hello, whistle at me or offer me a car ride.

Truly I was wearing a loose, hip length Gortex jacket with my hood obscuring my face part of the time. Pair of jeans which you couldn't see my bum shape because of jacket length and ugly tie-up walking purple shoes.

Really...some guys just want t***'n a**.

By the way, the guys who I know better at work, are not like this. They are fine and professional in their working relationships with other female employees, even if they are wearing jeans themselves.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved