The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#134463 - 01/03/08 04:55 PM Re: Hows Molly doing? [Re: ladyjane]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Thank you Ladyjane. She is precious to me...she was dreaming this afternoon and 'talking' in her sleep...I think she was chasing a squirrel...it was too cute.

#134464 - 01/04/08 10:18 AM Re: Hows Molly doing? [Re: Dee]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
How cute. Her three little treats at her feet. I hope she recovers quickly. It must be so scary.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#134465 - 01/04/08 10:37 AM Re: Hows Molly doing? [Re: Dianne]
Dee Offline

Thank you Dianne...it is scary but there's a lot of hope because she's not showing any signs of problems with her organs. One week and 3 days to go before her next treatment...so far so good.

#134466 - 01/06/08 04:31 PM Re: Hows Molly doing? [Re: Dee]
QBall101 Offline

Dee & Molly,
Molly Get Well Soon! You're adorable! Dee, our Prayers are with you both. Hope these next few days go quickly and you both are out playing worry free soon. Maybe you'll get some of the usually warm weather we're having here in the Ozarks for your Celebration Romp.
QBall
(Razzi's Mom, Australian Shepard)
PS..I'm glad to know that even w/ meds HW's can happen, will be sure Razzi get's tested again at her 1y/o checkup this spring.

#134467 - 01/06/08 07:46 PM Re: Hows Molly doing? [Re: QBall101]
Dee Offline

QBall101...you're sweet to say that. Yes, it was a shock to me when I learned Molly had HW's. Shocking...and heartbreaking because of what she is going through...and she's still not out of the woods yet but with each day she's doing better. She's lost some weight because she's lost some of her appetite...not unusual, but I've been putting warm chicken soup on her IAM's food and that encourages her to eat and incorporate soft food once a day (which the vet would be fussing at me but I figure what the heck...she's going through enough). Tomorrow I'm taking her back to the vet so he can listen to her heart and lungs again and as of tomorrow she has one more week before her final treatment. It's been long for me but even longer for her. She's doing good though about being on a chain on the carport...she's accepting and doesn't freak out about it. We were so blessed with when this animal showed up at our home and adopted us...the least we can do is give her the best life we can. And good luck keeing Razzi HW free...let me know what you find out. Best of luck.

#134468 - 01/08/08 10:02 PM Re: Hows Molly doing? [Re: Dee]
QBall101 Offline

Dee,
How did Molly's trip to the vet go yesterday? Razzi won't have her 1 yr checkup till April, but she is on her HW meds since the vet told us she was old enough for them. How Cool Molly adopted YOU. We have had 2 pups adopt us in the past 27 years that became super dogs. I don't blame you for using the chicken soup to encourage Molly's eating. People need chicken soup when we feel less than our best. It's Chicken Soup for the Puppy Soul, for goodness sake. I'm anxious to hear about the 1st run off the chain. Can't they look sad when having to be chained. Razzi's is always so put out, but it's for her own good, usually to keep her safe or out of trouble. Not very often at that. You're so good to take such great care of molly, I wish this world had more like You.
One More Week!
Qball

#134469 - 01/09/08 11:12 PM Re: Hows Molly doing? [Re: QBall101]
Dee Offline

Qball101...you're so very sweet and you sound like you have a wonderful loving heart for animals, as well. I, too, wish more people were compassionate about animals. I hear too much about abuse and neglect and the mistreatment of dogs here in the south. It's horrible.
I'll be sure and tell you all about Molly's first run off the chain. Her checkup went great! In fact, when we saw Dr. Green (the woman who treated her for HW's)...Molly stood up on her hind leggs (she's a 47 pound dog) and stood there reaching for her. He didn't jump on her but waited for Dr. Green to pet her. I've never seen her do that...it was so cute. Then Dr. Green talked to her in baby talk and scratched her all over and Molly was mush after that...she's dropped about a pound but she wants her to drop two more pounds so she's doing fine. Today is Wednesday and so Molly has 4 more days to be locked up and then her final injection to kill the baby worms...then 8 hours of close observation for rejection and if she's fine, then I can begin to walk her a little. She has to work into it and a week later they'll do a blood test to make sure everythings gone and then I can let her run free, again. I'm going to make a video of her playing...it should be great fun.
My best to Razzi and I hope she will grow to be a very old and happy dog and bless you for adopting dogs. You're an angel and so good hearted...I always thought I was a cat person until Molly came along...she changed my mind.

#134470 - 01/12/08 03:12 PM Re: Hows Molly doing? [Re: Dee]
QBall101 Offline

Dee,
If I calcualte right Monday's Molly's last injection. Wait 8 hrs and then you can walk her? Right. I know you'll both be so happy when life gets back to normal. Razzi & i started a new lesson plan today. LOL she's been chasing my horse, will NOT come back..at least not till she's dang good and ready. So, this AM, we went to feed on a leash, and had to SIT (get praise) all the while Scooter ate his grain. Everytime Razzi started to get up I told her NO, SIT & then praised her.She looked at me as if to say : "where IS the fun in This?". Her breed and temperment are purely NO SPANK..positive renforcement is the only way to go with her. It is so Great that MOlly loves her vet, that makes it so much easier to take them in. Razzi totally shocks me when we go to the Vet, everyone asks if she's been to obedience classes. WHAT?? It's unreal how she behaves there compared to home. She's never "bad" at home, but can find more stuff to get into and drag up, and constantly pulls sillyness (like horse nipping). Molly & Razzi are about the same weight, aren't ya glad their leash broke? LOL
Well, I got off track here, Really wanted to Send Best Wishes for everything to go well Monday. I'm going to be out a lot tomorrow and might not get another chance to before you go. Plus I work Monday. So, Good Luck Next Vet Visit.
QBall
PS, Thank You for the lovely compliment in another post. I feel that same sentiment applies to you as well. I could have passed that compliment to you, but then we'd have tied up the whole forum ping-ponging compliments back and forth. LOL

#134471 - 01/16/08 07:19 PM Re: Hows Molly doing? [Re: QBall101]
Dee Offline

QB..you're so sweet. I love your comments and hearing about your animals. Animal lovers are the best people.
Yes, Molly received her last injection on Monday (today's Wednesday). She was so thrilled to be out and about on MOnday but then back to the doghouse and lockdown...she wasn't happy. But, after having no signs of rejection or reaction we were able to take her for a walk and she loved it. Tugged like crazy on the leash...I've got to teach her all over again how to walk without pulling my arm out of the socket. But, I didn't scold her because she's been tied up for so long. Yesterday she went back to the vet for a much-needed bath...and back to lockdown...I have to keep her semi-still until next week where she can finally be set free after her blood test to ensure she's completely heart-worm free. Last night I had to go to the drug store to pick up my husband's prescriptions...I took Molly with me and she absolutely LOVES going for a ride. I took the long way home so she could enjoy being off the chain.
Sounds like your Razzi is quite the character. You should send me a photo of her if you can. I'd love to see what she looks like. Take care sweetheart and give Razzi a big hug from Molly and me.

#134472 - 01/19/08 01:05 PM Re: Hows Molly doing? [Re: Dee]
QBall101 Offline

Dee,
So glad to get the news on Molly that all is going well and progressing toward the day of FREEDOM from the LEASH. Molly will be like the gals way back burning their bras! LOL You're so gentle and understanding of her tugging on the leash. No doubt when she's out of lockdown she's ready to Go-go-go... How cool even with gas prices you took the long way home from the pharmacy. You remind me of me taking the pooch for a ride. Razzi enjoys riding in the car. Takes up the whole back seat & can easily give me kisses going down the road. I got one of those Doggie Seat Belts for her, she gets so excited before a ride that it's like putting panty hose on an octopus! I'll send you a picture of her soon. Well, it won't be too much longer for you both to enjoy that walk ;-), hang in there girls. Q & Razzi

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved