The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 46 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#130298 - 10/25/07 01:49 AM World Series
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Anyone watching the World Series in Boston?
NABBW & NAWW

#130299 - 10/25/07 06:19 AM Re: World Series [Re: Songbird]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I wish I could, Songbird. I miss baseball and it is not a sport which is a popular broadcast here. The closest the British have got to baseball is rounders, in so far as one bats a ball. Like most things, it is tomayto-tomahto.

I have not watched the World Series or followed the sport since Orel Hershiser pitched for the Dodgers in the '80's. Who are you rooting for?

#130300 - 10/25/07 11:30 AM Re: World Series [Re: Lola]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Dianne and I talked about the playoffs in another thread...her hubby is an Indians fan and I'm an avid, hopeless Red Sox fan. Needless to say I've already lost a lot of sleep for a couple of weeks now and that won't be changing soon!! 13-1 last night !!!! Woweeee....GO SOX !!!!

#130301 - 10/26/07 03:09 AM Re: World Series [Re: ladyjane]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
ahem,

Rockies fan here....AND going to the game Saturday.

My beloved bought us matching jerseys and jackets....how cute it that!

We will be attending with one of my best friends and her boyfriend.

It promises to be a blast!

GO ROCKIES!

---
danita

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#130302 - 10/26/07 10:13 AM Re: World Series [Re: Danita]
ladyjane Offline

Welcome, Rockies fan and yes, Danita, I mean it! This could be a gloating thread so feel free anytime.....just forgive me if I do....please? Team loyalty is huge but when all the drama is over and the FRIENDLY banter, it all goes into perspective...a bunch of grown men wearing funny clothes , batting a ball and running in circles GOOOOO SOX !

#130303 - 10/26/07 11:00 AM Re: World Series [Re: ladyjane]
ladyjane Offline

oh, and Danita....DO have a great time at Saturday's game...how fun is that?! Wish I were there! I'll think of you as they scan the crowd!

#130304 - 10/26/07 11:24 AM Re: World Series [Re: ladyjane]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Danita, aren't you from the same city I am - like next door to Boston? I'm not even a sports fan and even I have been watching. Half the entertainment is watching my husband.

#130305 - 10/26/07 01:20 PM Re: World Series [Re: Louisa]
Songbird Offline

Lola, I can't help but root for the RED SOX team- I'm in RED SOX nation- MA!!

I don't get much into sports. My kids are avid fans. I just enjoy their enjoyment and enthusiasm! I saw bits and pieces of Wednesday's game, as we were getting ready to go to the airport to pick up my hubby, who was coming home from overseas. Last night I could not stay up to watch, but the second question when I woke my son up was... you guessed it!-Who won last night?

Louisa: I enjoy the sense of expectation and my kids try not to miss a game. It's great to see their reaction and hear their comments, so I can relate to you.

Danita:I hope you have a great time at the game. I've never been to a game and I don't miss it. But I can imagine the thrill of being there!!

Lady Jane: Have a great time this season! I can't promise to watch them all but, YES, I'll be rooting for the RED SOX all the way! If they win, great! If they don't, too bad! I understand it's not a life or death situation, but a sport.
NABBW & NAWW

#130306 - 10/26/07 01:51 PM Re: World Series [Re: Songbird]
ladyjane Offline

Yep. you're right, SOngbird, it is a sport...so why do people like me get so worked up?? I've been a lifelong Sox fan and it's only gotten worse. I don't like football, so at least I get a mental rest until Spring training begins in February! Let me just say that the closest thing to heaven is walking up into the seats at Fenway with the lights blaring at a night game. I become virtually a kid about it!!!

#130307 - 10/26/07 02:02 PM Re: World Series [Re: ladyjane]
Songbird Offline

Some things seem more important than others for most of us. I understand your enthusiasm and enjoyment! Hey! If you're into it... enjoy it all the way!!! I've never been to Fenway, but I imagine being there makes a huge difference. The excitement of being there and part of if must be unspeakable for an avid fan! I've gotten interested in the game somewhat. I have four men at home. They get a kick out of me asking about the game and the different rules, etc. I still don't fully understand the whole game scenario. But it gives us something more to share with my beloved men!
NABBW & NAWW

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved