The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#126713 - 09/01/07 09:24 AM Re: Oh the name thing..... [Re: chatty lady]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Thanks for all your great advice....I thought about "Merit Support Services"...then I thought of Imperial, Lighthouse, Pine Grove, Ledge, Woods....but "Homewatch" has really struck me....such as "Homewatch Support Services" or "Homewatch Living Assistance." What do you all think....honestly?? Received my paperwork from the state yesterday (licensing application)

#126714 - 09/01/07 09:40 AM Re: Oh the name thing..... [Re: ladyjane]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
This is a franchise opportunity:
http://www.homewatchcaregivers.com/

This is PC security software:
http://www.zincware.com/

Safety and security products:
http://www.homewatch.com/

Smoke alarms, etc:
http://www.homewatch.com.hk/

The name to me meant alarm services and such, so I was surprised to see the caregiver site at the top.

Kathy

#126715 - 09/01/07 09:48 PM Re: Oh the name thing..... [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Tender Loving Home Care

TLC Home Care

TLC Personal Services

TLC came to mind...there are endless possibilites with it

#126716 - 09/18/07 11:46 AM Re: Oh the name thing..... [Re: chatty lady]
ladyjane Offline

Okay, ladies...I am prepared to present a couple of real possibilities for the name of my homecare. Keep in mind this is a non-medical home care service. I've written names, mulled them over until I can't sleep, asked for suggestions, did extensive searches...ughhh....the last 3 words convey what the business does but it was the first word that had me stumped. Here are a couple of finalists...your vote?...or an alternative? Thanks...
Merit Home Support Services
Serenity Home Support Services
What's your honest thoughts?

#126717 - 09/18/07 03:14 PM Re: Oh the name thing..... [Re: ladyjane]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Okay, my honest opinion is;
Merit Home Support Services ......sounds a little mundane.
Serenity Home Support Services .....sounds like a funeral home.

Here are a some ideas I whipped up....

Sisters Support Home Services
HELP, ... is what we do! Living Assistance.
Busy Bee Home Care
Home and Care Assistance
Tireless Indeed, for Home Care In Need
In Need? Home Care Indeed!
Stop Resistance! Take Living Assistance!

Hannelore

#126718 - 09/18/07 06:11 PM Re: Oh the name thing..... [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

Thanks, Hannelore....What struck me out of your suggestions was "Home and Care Assistance" even if I put it together as "Home Care Assistance." I'm not sure if that should be the end of the name and there still should be a "first" name....but I love it!! It has set me into a different thinking this afternoon. I'm trying to stay away from anything too "cutesy." I want to be taken seriosuly as to what we will do. Still, I'm anxious to get it settled because I want to send in all my licensing papers SOON! Thanks so much...I love those words!

#126719 - 09/18/07 06:14 PM Re: Oh the name thing..... [Re: ladyjane]
ladyjane Offline

I agree that serenity sounds like a funeral home....or worse those pads we use to pee in as we age....oops, sorry....couldn't resist. I also felt it sounded like a rehab. But I keep coming back to "Merit" over and over in my gut. It means character and loyalty and that's what I want to convey.

#126720 - 09/18/07 10:07 PM Re: Oh the name thing..... [Re: ladyjane]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I'm glad you said it Ladyjane, about the serenity name. It reminded me of "Depends" or something like it. I also felt the other name was ho-hum...but Home Care Assistance, like Hannelore suggested is not bad. HCA,Inc.??? Remember, you'll be answering the phone and saying it like a bazillion times. Does it flow off your tongue? Practice answering the phone and see. Will it fit nicely on a logo? Coffe mug promo down the road? T-shirts, or even dress attire that you and other employees might wear? Just some more thoughts...

#126721 - 09/19/07 07:23 AM Re: Oh the name thing..... [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Your business sounds interesting. I bet there is a demand for such. Will you let us know how it goes? Best of luck to you!
And I'm flattered that you like one of my suggestions.

#126722 - 09/19/07 07:48 AM Re: Oh the name thing..... [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

I LIKE Home Care Assistance...HCA. And, yeah, I've been practicing saying it over and over and haven't gotten tired of it. Thanks JJ and Hannelore! Yes, there's a lot of agencies but a HUGE need! I've been in the visiting nurse routine for a few years and saw there was never enough to fill those needs. I also think I'm located in a good spot for it...being part of the urban to rural sprawl. I still waver about throwing in that extra word before HCA. I have to stop this! Unless, of course, I find something not too weird. Believe it or not, it's my hubby that drives me nuts with the cutesy, syrupy sweet names! I think I'll feel sooooo much better when it's done so I can get on with the more important stuff, even though I realize that naming is very much a priority.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved