The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 42 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#124542 - 08/12/07 12:05 AM Re: Bad,sinful foods you don't eat & don't like [Re: chatty lady]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Jawjaw, escarole is a thick green leaf like a curly lettuce with a stronger taste. Escargot is the snail thing. But you knew that...

Since I don't eat meat, all that wildlife sounds yucky to me. Road kill. Bugs and snakes, more yuk.

As far as dishes without animals -- I've tried almost everything that's crossed my path at some point. Or at least I think I have. I was much more adventurous in my youth. Now I know that I just don't like certain types of tastes, so don't go there.

Poet and essayist

#124543 - 08/12/07 03:04 AM Re: Bad,sinful foods you don't eat & don't like [Re: meredithbead]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I love escargots. We buy tinned ones and make it with shitake mushrooms, garlic and shallots, with herbs maybe wine white, then barely sauteed, we wrap it up in phyllo and bake it for about 10-15 min. It's a lovely elegant, easy meal.

I have had periwinkles..they are in tiny shells... I never knew what they were before until 1 of my cousins recently immigrated from China, invited us over for dinner. Their style of cooking is abit different from my mother's.

I did prepare pheasant (just the meat) several years ago, for a birthday entree dish for my partner. It wasn't cheap. I have eaten wild boar (which I can't remember the taste). Had pigeon once. It was abit fatty.

When I was a child, my mother made an interesting Chinese rabbit soup several times. Just so tender the meat. It was cooked with certain Chinese herbs, including jujube berries. I would eat/order rabbit if prepared elegantly with wine and herbs. But we wouldn't serve it to family: one of his daughter's favourite pets is a big black rabbit. Hops around with the dog.

I eat meat less now , about 1-2 times per week. It's been just a gradual withdrawal over past decade. More to save money...and I'm just lazy. Meat takes longer to cook.

I enjoy most seafoods...except sea cucumber...ugh. Gelantinous taste. I have tried at least 4-5 different types of seaweed...remember it's plants of the sea.

There is no question if you introduce very diffferent foods to children at a young age in small amounts, they will tend to be more exploratory eaters later. ...which is helpful if they need to stay healthy later in life by switching their cooking styles/dishes completely.

Most likely I will always eat some meat.. I would like my palate to be flexible no matter where I travel...in order to survive....because sometimes you don't have much of a choice. I have learned this the hard way, by cycling in more remote areas of Canada.

All of my sisters' children do eat unusual stuff and are taught to try foods for awhile before passing judgement. Which alas, includes sinful foods.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved