The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 39 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#121802 - 06/30/07 07:02 PM Re: Clueless! [Re: NewLeaf]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Low cut bell bottoms...I got mine at Merry-Go-Round. Did you have that store. I think it was a chain. Mom didn't particularly like me shopping there so I had to use my own money when I went there.

I remember chokers. I got my favorite one for Christmas. It was suede with a cameo pin in the middle for a little dressier look.

I also remember floppy hats, and we'd put our smiley face and peace pins on them.

#121803 - 07/16/07 03:20 AM Re: Clueless!
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Platform shoes -- yes, mine were 5" which boosted me to an awesome 6' Now it's barefoot or flats.

I had a bright yellow floppy felt hat and a black one, both of which I adorned with colorful flowing scarves and a collection of pins. My favorite? "Warning! I am naked underneath my clothes!"

Poet and essayist

#121804 - 07/26/07 11:35 AM Re: Clueless! [Re: meredithbead]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Have y'all seen the new line of clothes put out by Sarah Jessica Parker called "Bitten"? I saw her promote them on Oprah, they are only sold at Steve & Barry's and everything is under $20. The jeans come in several different styles with low, mid, and high-rise waistlines. I got a pair of the high-rise jeans in stretch denim and wore them for the first time last week and really liked them..........for some reason the fit made my legs look long and lean and the waistband hits me in the right place. I wore them on a day that turned out to be a loooooong day.........was flying to Kentucky to meet my husband at a fishing tournament,flight was delayed because of storms,etc......and they were extremely comfortable without stretching to the point that they felt like they were falling off like some of my stretch denim jeans and capris do. Still looked good late in the day. I was impressed, for $14.95 jeans! but I will admit that I had to try on 3 or 4 pairs (supposedly all the same size) to find a pair that fit, but that happens with other brands too sometimes. I didn't find anything in tops that I liked in the Bitten line......t-shirts were too thin and snug, and the only top I really liked, they didn't have in my size (lots of women must have liked it as there was only one left on the rack!) There were some real cute purses and other things too........hmmmmm I might have to make another trip to Steve & Barry's.

#121805 - 07/26/07 01:24 PM Re: Clueless! [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
I seen the "Bitten" line at our mall. I thought the T-shirts were real cute hanging on the hangers. However, I agree that the t-shirts look thin and snug. Thin would be ok since I'm warm all the time, but the sung....nope! I don't need to emphasize my ever developing belly roll(s). I don't think I want anything that says "bitten" on my t-shirt neither.

#121806 - 07/26/07 06:32 PM Re: Clueless! [Re: Cookie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hmmm, I've never heard of Steve & Barry's, nor the Bitten line. I just went to the S&B site and there is one that's only about ten miles away. How about that?

#121807 - 07/26/07 10:26 PM Re: Clueless!
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I took my granddaughter shopping there and we had a huge pile of clothes and it only came to $100! She's set for the summer and into the school year. I like the thinness of the t-shirts. I got one in a larger size than I normally wear and love it. I'll have to check out the jeans. She has cute cotton blouses too.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#121808 - 07/26/07 10:42 PM Re: Clueless! [Re: Dianne]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I have never heard of them so I did some research. They purchase from factories in Africa, but I haven't been able to find out in which countries or what the conditions in those factories are. I'm going to keep looking.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#121809 - 07/28/07 12:56 AM Re: Clueless! [Re: yonuh]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Hey Meredith ,
Don't let the wind catch you someone will get a good view LOL . Ihad that happen at Cape Cod one year my skirt few up with a gust of wind before a book ride to see the Kenndy . compound .

They use to have here what they call the Peck and Peck Stores . I remember the Merry Go Round stores they were nice place to shope .

Oh well

Edited by Renee (07/28/07 12:59 AM)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved