The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 241 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#119149 - 05/31/07 03:02 PM Re: overwhelmed..trying to find my balance... [Re: Eagle Heart]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Eagle Heart.. you took the time to write to me while you were away..have you ANY IDEA what that means to me????? YES, you do. I know you do because you have made many lasting footsteps in the sand. I can feel that over all these miles!

THE BURIAL CEREMONY IS TOMORROW!!!! I am writing to you all because I actually have faith that those of you that read this will be with me at 2pm Swedish time. And with my friend, Sussi. She is surfing on a wave right now because there are many more people than she ever expected that are going to attend. I am not surprised at all..theirs is a love that began in heaven blessed the earth and lives on in the stars above us and within us. I have decided that if I friek out and cannot say a word tomorrow..IT´S OK. She wants me to speak of their love at Martin´s casket. I will try to do this and I probably will succeed..but it´s in Swedish..anyway..this is THEIR day..their last offical one together..and that´s ALL that MATTERS. I plan to spend the whole day with her and then spend the nite with her drinking her homemade wine..and there´s lots of that. She promised.

I`ve got to run..make dinner and watch a LONG film before going to bed. My youngest son, Mick, is also coming with me. He wants to say good by to Martin in his way. I am so grateful to him..eventho he has made it quite clear that he is going FOR MARTIN AND SUSSI.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING THERE..ALL OF YOU. And you will be there with me tomorrow..I am sure Martin knows that all ready.

Eagle Heart..have you ever seen the movie, Brave Heart, with Mel Gibson??? You remind me so much of Brave Heart..

#119150 - 05/31/07 03:04 PM Re: overwhelmed..trying to find my balance... [Re: humlan]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Be gentle with you..I am going to take that with me tomorrow and yes, even now. And I will give some of my gentleness (?) to my dear dear friend, Sussi. Thank you...

#119151 - 06/01/07 02:33 AM Re: overwhelmed..trying to find my balance... [Re: humlan]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
humlan, I'm sending prayers your way. I will be thinking about you tomorrow.

#119152 - 06/01/07 04:52 AM Re: overwhelmed..trying to find my balance... [Re: chickadee]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Woke up thinking of you humlun. I admire you for being able to hold a speach at the funeral. You have to be strong to pull that through without choking up, and I think you are stronger then you think...as Eagle said before. God bless you.

#119153 - 06/01/07 06:51 AM Re: overwhelmed..trying to find my balance... [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh Humlan,what a good friend you are and wherever Sussi is she feels your arms wrapped around her. My prayers are with you both.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#119154 - 06/02/07 06:05 PM Re: overwhelmed..trying to find my balance... [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Humlan, I'm with you in spirit. You are such a dear friend. I'm grateful your son went along with you. Feel blessed!

#119155 - 06/04/07 09:09 AM Re: overwhelmed..trying to find my balance...
Emyjay Offline

(((((Humlan)))))

I used to "soak in" everyone's probems,too. But is would find myself sinking into a depression.

Now, thanks to lots of therapy and to the wisdom of the compassionate ladies on this board, I have learned that I need to set boundaries.

Actually, as others have said, I've learned so much from Eagle's posts. And, I do have her book, which helped me so much during a recent bout of depression.

In fact, I bought myself a small (purse size) notebook. In it, I've begun recording some of the words of wisdom that appear on this forum. I keep the booklet wherever I go and refer to it as needed.

Thank you to all who share their stories of challenge and how they learned to cope.

Dotsie, do you realize how many lives this site has touched?

Love,
Emily in Maryland

#119156 - 06/04/07 09:25 AM Re: overwhelmed..trying to find my balance... [Re: Emyjay]
Mountain Ash Offline

Having a safe place to greet others is a gift.I feel that we should never underestate what others can do and be in our lives.So Dotsie I agree with Emily
Humlan
keep the balance love a lot.
Mountain ash

#119157 - 06/04/07 11:45 AM Re: overwhelmed..trying to find my balance... [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thanks ladies. I'm so grateful my mission is being accomplished in our lives.

Don't forget, you can always write a testimony aobut the forums and I'll include it on the site. Feel free to email them to me at dots@boomerwomenspeak.com. Nothing shy about me.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved