The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 136 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#113794 - 04/06/07 03:15 AM Re: Borderline personality disorder [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Sorry, can't help you here Celtic. I'm just glad I don't have it.

#113795 - 04/06/07 05:42 AM Re: Borderline personality disorder [Re: Edelweiss]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
dont thik it needs validating it just is lola, within the indivduel anyway normalie the indivduel can get a lot of negative attension for their acts, so lots of attension (even if negative) its still desiriable....For some any attension is better than no attension...I think in group situasions then with so manie people vieing for attension the behaviour get more outlandish but the tendancie would be for such indivduels to have stormie relashionships therfore wont work too well in gang situasions....

so yea lola some gang members would fit into it, as well as a handfull of other disorders, sociopath, etc...

Also gangs been fitted in a big way to povertie and high unemployment and low self-worth so gang provide basis of validasion, respect from within and without the gang (even if its actulie feared manie mistacke fear for respect)I would fear a gang member but not respect them...sences of self-worth and securitie and protection within the gang, also some sences of control over their environment and of others...

for some others i think it provides a sences of familie and a belongingness that maybee they have never had and their familie never provided for them..

whats your thoughts ???anyone.

#113796 - 04/06/07 05:44 AM Re: Borderline personality disorder [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

yea i glade i dont either hannilore, its an awfull painfull way to live life eh!! and the world dont treat you so good but then you dont get to treat the world good either...what a delema...
the whole question of responcibilitie for ones actions comes into question with disorders etc...as in how responcible is thee indivduel for their actions within psychiatrick disorders, to what and whose stasndered are affected indivduels held too....That coupoled with societital changies regarding behaviors is a hard puddle to wade through...

#113797 - 04/06/07 05:51 AM Re: Borderline personality disorder [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

ANNO
great idea to think of someone in a novel or from historie that have this disorder then we all comming from the same starting point...

at the minuet i cant think or identifie anyone, (and its onlie what i think not an actule diagnosis)

the trouble with any disorders or recognised mental illness is we all have eliments of it within us, becouse we all humain and share a lot of behavioural trates that are normale and expected within certine situasions..its onlie when it gets taken to the extreem in its nature dose it start becomming close to becomming a mental illness or disorder...so no worries anno...

its all in the extreem eliments and the consitencie of the extreem behaviour that starts getting one noticed and labeled and then investigated...i think most of us can see some of us (in wee amounts)in most disorders if we are truthfull....

#113798 - 04/06/07 06:01 AM Re: Borderline personality disorder [Re: celtic_flame]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Princess Diana, Celtic? If all that was written about her is true and based on her interview with Martin Bashar, would she have been diagnosed with BPD?

#113799 - 04/06/07 06:34 AM Re: Borderline personality disorder [Re: Lola]
celtic_flame Offline

wooow lola you might be on to something their and for the sake of the descussion we could assome that she had it to some degree.....some eliments certinlie fit, but don't quote me or say i said she had lol....is that treasone???

lets see, eating disorder, self-harm, need for attension (she had that anyway globalie) but if we take it within the familie then their was a big drive for it their,
is this part of what was riten about her/showed up in intrview? moodieness and excesses of rage? lies? manipulasion? istibilitie of mood? passive agressive tendancies ...Its so hard to work out what has been written about her and what is the truth of that.....or even if we all know the same types of information.

Can you say more about her personalitie features thats applicable to the disorder acording to what M Bahars interview highlighted. LOLA....

at time i saw that or clipits of it i was just so overwhelmed at her braverie that heer was a royal admitting not onlie humaness but flawes within that humaness....she certinlie did a lot of good for sel-mutilaters and mental/emotional instabilitie with that interview as such a high profile celebritie ....but more importantlie someone that was reallie likeable.....

great thinking lola...

#113800 - 04/06/07 06:48 AM Re: Borderline personality disorder [Re: Lola]
Mountain Ash Offline

Anno
My belief that there is a litle bit of me and a little bit of everyone I have met and taught is a discovery I made.
Celtic.#
Yes I knew about the disorder before I met the woman.In fact when I joined the workforce she was away on a study course.The way she was mentioned even when away by solid staff members (they did not gossip it was just what I "picked up"
I could write masses about her and those who colluded with her actions.Too much much for one email.
She was senior to us.
I challenged her....signed my own neck on the line.She waited and went for my jugular.I had a rough time but "won"
I did however leave.
This person caused havoc to many....had I not be knowledable I would have been confused.
Some of nthe things she did she said others did them.
In my case I proved I did my job well.
She continues to work there...the good people leave.
I think each case will be different...but never the less
the disorder is of monumental size.
By the way...I found out she "batters" her husband quite by accident.No part of her life will be exempt..
This woman made me ill.... I am strong again but wiser.
Mountain ash

#113801 - 04/06/07 07:38 AM Re: Borderline personality disorder [Re: Mountain Ash]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
The interview was a tit for tat as a result of an earlier interview given by Prince Charles to Jonathan Dimbleby. If you watch the interview again (might have access to it on YouTube) 1,2,3 and 6 seem to be manifestations. That is, if we go by the criteria. Was she quarrelsome? Well, she was paranoid about the "firm". But, did'nt she also have the same paranoia in her relationship with her stepmother Christina (?) Raines. LD, however, was consistent with kindness to most people. So, will that counter diagnosis for BPD?

And no, it's not treason.

#113802 - 04/06/07 11:55 AM Re: Borderline personality disorder [Re: Lola]
celtic_flame Offline

yes and no kindness can be within BPD people real and genuine, but its as if something was once worthie of being kind and thoughtfull about gets...tarnished in their mind then dosent become worthie of it....or the paranoia makes it unworthie, but can fluctuate back to kindness again when the emotional environment changies for them....makes it verie unpredictable and hard to cope with....especillie if its changing everie couple of weeks

we have to know how she acted in private all the time or did she tire of the charitie work...alternitivlie did the charite work get her heeps of attension and steam the consting huonting for the fear of abandonment which is always a biggie..becouse a lot of behaviour can be traced back as thats a central component even if its not readilie admitted too.

#113803 - 04/06/07 11:58 AM Re: Borderline personality disorder [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

sounds like a tough one mountain especillie since she in a position of supieriority...Its a pitite that she wasent held accountable for her behaviour in the way she should have been...i reallie sorrie she made you ill hope its not too much of a soar point for you mountain...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved