The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 231 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 5 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#110301 - 03/12/07 07:08 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: chatty lady]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
This is THE best place to come when you're feeling lonely and all alone. There's almost always someone here, and almost always a decent conversation going on. Join in some of the other threads, even if only to read what's going on in the lives of your other sisters here. You'll find that you're slowly but surely drawn into the lives and laughter and it will help to fill some of that void that's lingering deep inside of you. Those are what I call the "agony of absence" voids, where it seems nothing and nobody can fill the aching emptiness. In reality, the only person who CAN fill that void is YOU, YOU have to fill that aching emptiness with what YOU want to be there...start with us.

You want friends/sisters to listen and care - that's us here. Start here with us, let us fill that particular need, along with others in your life, like your therapist. Look around you - God has NOT LEFT YOU ALONE - there ARE people and care surrounding you, but when we're depressed, our eyes just can't always see very well. But we have to look with eyes that are at least open to the possibility, and let God surprise us with people we might never have guessed could be there for us.

Trust me, Emily, it's true. We can't always see if for ourselves, so trust those who have been there and seen that truth, that we are NEVER LEFT ALONE to suffer through these things on our own. We do have people and resources in our lives, we just have to dare to believe that they're actually there for us.

You're in my prayers, and I'm excited about the good things that are happening in your life now - coming here was a "good thing", more is on its way. Keep your eyes open.

(Maya Angelou)

#110302 - 03/12/07 10:17 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: Eagle Heart]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
Quote:

This is THE best place to come when you're feeling lonely and all alone..... God has NOT LEFT YOU ALONE - there ARE people and care surrounding you, but when we're depressed, our eyes just can't always see very well. But we have to look with eyes that are at least open to the possibility, and let God surprise us with people we might never have guessed could be there for us.

thats a wee tip thats saves lifes eagle. It's also , as you know, one of the crule tricks that depression plays on us,...I had a whole seriouse of events that was horrendise happen all at once i got overwhelmed couldn't cope and got seriouslie depressed...one of the things that got me through it was nightly putting the child to bed and being gratfull for him in my life. It might of been the only thing i saw on being positive at the time......it was a blessing that i could see this it provided hope and a reason for life at the time.....It felt like their was nuthig and no one else. In realitie i had the child and other things in life to be gratfull for i just could't feel them which is so unlike me but thats what depression can do. I may be hard taking a leep of faith, it may be hard having the emotionality to allow yourself that vulribilitie in beliving but something well worth it and i have alreadie said saves lifes.
I just wanted to back that point up as it is so important in ways that can't be imagined....

hope todays a bit better for you emjay

love celtic

#110303 - 03/13/07 02:12 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: celtic_flame]
Emyjay Offline

All of you are so wonderful and compassionate. I'm listening to - not just reading - all of the heart-felt words written on these letters.

I'm a wee (to borrow Celtic's word) bit better today. Still dragging myself to work, home for a long nap, than back to work and back to bed.

But, at least I'm getting to work.

No news on a new therapist. Really searching for one, but on one seems to take my insurance. I know someone will pop up, probably just the right one for me.

Never before have the kids voices gotten to me like this. It seems I just can't stand their yelling in our Recreation Center. It's been nice and warm outside, which helps as we can get them outside for part of the afternoon. Maybe they have cabin fever from the winter.

I know what you mean, Eagle and (sorry memory not so good now) about friends being around me but I just can't see them. I called an old friend last night, but when she called back, I didn't pick up the phone. Didn't want to upset her. But then, she doesn't upset easily. Her husband and grown son have the same mental challenge as I do. So I'm going to call her tonight, and keep it light.
We grew up together.

I think it would be helpful for me to start reading again. Is there a forum bookclub? Would it be possible to form one? Does anyone know of any lighthearted books? I think I need to focus on something to rest my brain. Not housework, or "busy" work. Not that that isn't important.

I just need to fill some hours during the day and can't really do anything too physical, or I can't chase after 37 kids in the afternoon. I run out of steam.

Can't seem to get into my scrapping. Well, at least I'm a wee bit better and making it to work!

Chatty, thank you for your words of encouragement. Really. I was following the progression of your illness.

Eagle, what can I say to you. I know you have so much pressure on you right now. Hope your eating right and getting some good rest.

Love to all,
Emily

#110304 - 03/13/07 07:09 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: Emyjay]
celtic_flame Offline

i think your doing great i could not chase after 37 kids at anytime lol

fancie a therapist not taking your monie...

sorrie i din't meen that disrespectfullie to you theripist out their i was just joking. Its a expensive bussiness over heer but one thast is very importat....In the uk we don't have the complicasion of insurances....sounds like it just adds to the difficultie. hope it resolves soon.

emjay you sound sweet and nice. Is their anything more you can tell us about yourself, if you done this in your introductions i am sorrie i missed it.
Whats your favourite hobbies?
What do you feel passionite about or what fires you up?
Whats your favourite song in the whole world?
If you had to plan the most amazine day and could have anything what would it be like.

think i feel a post comming on in girlefrends llol

celtic

#110306 - 03/14/07 08:07 AM Re: Revealing something here [Re: ]
celtic_flame Offline

ANNE

sorrie you are also getting it tough at this time. Hope your pain and anguish becomes more bearible for you soon.

take care
celtic

#110307 - 03/14/07 08:16 AM Re: Revealing something here [Re: celtic_flame]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Anne...
We're here for you, too!

#110308 - 03/14/07 08:43 AM Re: Revealing something here [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Anne, do you have family or frends to help you and support you in this trying time? Take all the help you can get. And express whatever you feel with us...we understand.

#110310 - 03/14/07 02:33 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: ]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Anne,
I'm glad you have community support...and something to look forward to. Just know we're here if you need support!

#110312 - 03/15/07 08:11 AM Re: Revealing something here [Re: ]
celtic_flame Offline

greast to see your good humer ann keep it up.....oh write a book or a post on top ten tips of stalking succesfullie will ya. it be a lugh....especillie if you do a special post for it lol bad celtic lolll

#110314 - 03/16/07 03:51 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: ]
celtic_flame Offline

i saw the post....what was the lyrics to the songs you wrote ??

Page 5 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved