The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 335 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 4 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#110291 - 03/11/07 12:17 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: Jane_Carroll]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i was just cheeking in to see/heer hpow the apponintment went , hope your feeling better today

celtic

#110292 - 03/11/07 01:32 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: celtic_flame]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Great advice about planning for difficult times, Jane Carroll.

Here is to hoping the meds are beginning to take effect. Besides seeing the therapist, any news on a new therapist?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#110293 - 03/11/07 03:42 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: Anno]
Emyjay Offline

No news on the new therapist, except that she doesn't take my insurance. She left two names, so I've called one of those.

Thank you all for checking in on me.

I've just slept this weekend. Not a good choice for me. But I can't get into my hobbies and I didn't want to clean.

I hope those meds kick in quickly. I don't feel like going to work tomorrow. But I'll be better off than if I stay home alone.

I work split shift, so I have four or five hours alone during the day. Usually I clean. Or come on here to see how everyone is doing.

I'm worn out from fighting this. But I know I have to go to work. Just feeling so exhausted.

If ever I come out of this, I'll never, ever stop taking my meds again.

I really need a new therapist who can see me in the middle of the day. Or a support group of some kind. Funny, when I'm feeling good, I never think I'll sink like this again.

I feel so silly, when I think of all of the ladies on this board who are facing so many challenges.

And I am feeling so very alone. Anyone know this feeling? Wonder if it's part of the depression challenge.

I know all of you are here. My husband is in the next room and no one I know is dying. Just moving away.

Anyone know of any good books about this subject? I've read some long, long ago. Think I threw them out.

Love to all,
Emily

#110294 - 03/11/07 03:51 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: Emyjay]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Emily, just want to let you know that the last thing you should feel is guilt because of your depressions. You can't help that any more than someone can't help feeling physically sick.
Just try to think this doesn't have to be a permanent stateā€¦it will and can get better. God bless you.

#110295 - 03/11/07 04:38 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: Edelweiss]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Hannelore is right, I agree. What you are feeling is real and it is happening to you. You need caring and supportive people to listen and be there for you. There's nothing wrong with any of that. It helps in your healing. You'd do the same for any of us. I'm sure of it.

Don't make me come out there.

Luv n Hugs
chick

#110296 - 03/11/07 05:46 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: chickadee]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Emily, Yes, you will come out of this. And yes, there have been many times when I have felt horribly alone and lonely - especially when I have been surrounded by people. These feelings are normal.

Depression is nothing to feel guilty about. I completely understand when you say "Funny, when I'm feeling good, I never think I'll sink like this again." This means your meds are working for you.

Please know, really know, that you can come here anytime and speak your real thoughts. You will not be shamed or dismissed. You may meet none of us, some of us or all of us at some time, but regardless, you will be supported here.

My hunch is that by this time next week, you will begin feeling normal again and have the energy to live again. Bless you.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#110297 - 03/12/07 10:48 AM Re: Revealing something here [Re: Anno]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Emily, how are you feeling today?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#110298 - 03/12/07 11:50 AM Re: Revealing something here [Re: Dianne]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Emily...
Hope today is a bit better...

#110299 - 03/12/07 01:11 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: Jane_Carroll]
chickadee Offline

Emily, I am wondering how you are today also.
Hope you are feeling better.

chick

#110300 - 03/12/07 05:40 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: chickadee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Emyjay, I just experienced the same feeling and a horrible lasting illness. I even called my son over to make sure he had as copy of my will etc. Thats how awful I felt, so you are not alone and I for one understand how you feel. I will pray for you and know that my boomer sisters prayers played a huge part in my recovery. I am just now feeling totally well, so hang in there, it does get better and feeling well again is such an invigorating sensation its almost worth being ill. My feet have hardly touched the floor cause I am flying high.
My prayers are with you.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 4 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 16 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved