The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 78 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#100938 - 01/13/07 06:09 PM Re: Kathleen Gage, Law Of Achievement [Re: chickadee]
KathleenGageSpeaker Offline

Loc: Pleasant Hill, OR
Hi Chick,

I have heard others say, and I have said it myself, that I would not change anything because everything I have done, or not done, has gotten me to this point in my life. On some levels I agree with this. On the other hand, I think this is total bunk!

Some of the things I would have done sooner or changed sooner: My ex husband - get rid of him sooner.

But then again, that was an experience I needed in order to know what I don't want in a relationship and also what I do want. Today, I have what I want.

Moving to Oregon. If I would have known how wonderful life would be here, I would have made the move years ago. And yet, that is one of those things that had I done it sooner, there is a lot I would have missed during my time (15 years) in Utah.

I would have begun believing in myself as a writer much, much sooner. Writing is one of my greatest passions that I give thanks for everyday that I am able to actually make a living (and a very comfortable one) from it.

The one thing I don't ever want to forget to do is remember that today is my only point of power. This is it. Make sure to be in resolve every day.

There's much more I could write, but in all reality I am very happy with where my life is and it is a direct result of all I have experienced that cannot be changed; it can either be learned from if it was not what I wanted or repeated it if it was.

Kathleen Gage

#100939 - 01/13/07 08:31 PM Re: Kathleen Gage, Law Of Achievement [Re: KathleenGageSpeaker]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Quote:

I would have begun believing in myself as a writer much, much sooner. Writing is one of my greatest passions that I give thanks for everyday that I am able to actually make a living (and a very comfortable one) from it.

What was your turning point.

What came about that made you believe? Was it someone who mentored or encouraged you or was it a light going off in your head?

chick

#100940 - 01/14/07 12:49 PM Re: Kathleen Gage, Law Of Achievement [Re: chickadee]

Hi Chick,

Actually, it was a number of things. I went on my own personal journey of discovery and began reading lots of books, talking with people, I was fortunate enough to find mentors.

In one of my first posts in this thread there is an overview of some of the things I did. That post would have a lot of the answers to your question.

Thanks for asking.
Kathleen

#100941 - 01/17/07 04:49 PM Re: Kathleen Gage, Law Of Achievement [Re: KathleenGageSpeaker]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I always hear writers say to journal. I've never done it. Do you feel it's a help and why?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#100942 - 01/18/07 02:49 AM Re: Kathleen Gage, Law Of Achievement [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I feel it's beneficail because it keeps you at your craft whether you are writing something you want to sell or not. It's just like anything else - the more you do it, the better you get.

#100943 - 01/19/07 12:48 PM Re: Kathleen Gage, Law Of Achievement

There have been periods in my life that journaling was how I began my day and ended my day. Actually, it was the cornerstone of much of my inspirational writing.

Now I do so much writing on a daily basis, I don't do the journaling as much.

I do know, however, it is a great way for me to get "connected" to my spirit and often, very interesting thoughts will surface, make their way to the paper, and be the beginning of some new understanding of myself.

I find that for me it helps to write long hand when I do journal. Personal preference that seems to give me a different sense of my writing.

Kathleen Gage

#100944 - 01/24/07 09:35 PM Re: Kathleen Gage, Law Of Achievement [Re: KathleenGageSpeaker]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Kathleen,
Do you mind telling us what you do to unwind from it all? Your recreation of choice? Or maybe it's just soaking in a hot bubble bath? Just wondering....

#100945 - 01/25/07 06:08 AM Re: Kathleen Gage, Law Of Achievement [Re: jawjaw]

Wow! What do I do to unwind? Great question. There are quite a few things I enjoy. I love the outdoors. I actually live near the Willamette River in Oregon (right across the way from my home) so when I need a break during the day, I take a stroll to the river.

It's amazing what getting out near water and trees can do for my disposition. I go from to

One of my favorite passtimes is playing with my dogs. Really brings me back to the moment. Especially with the Boxer chasing the other who knows what breed around the yard. My boxer is 3 times the size of Max and thinks he is as small.

During the good weather you can catch me working in my flower gardens (I have several) digging in the dirt. I find a lot of serenity doing this.

Something I love to do to unwind is play cards. Just about any game is my game and I usually call whatever game I play "Kathy Wins!" Of course, that doesn't always happen but I can wish.

My folks are an important part of my life so when I can I visit them or they come to visit me.

I like biking when I can. Mostly just around town but I can go for miles and get lost in the experience.

I have been spotted on occasion singing a song or two while doing Karaoke.

I enjoy live theater, especially small productions with local residents. Just a fun thing to do to support local theater. Of course, major productions are very enjoyable.

So, that is a "little" bit about what I do to unwind. And last but definitely not least, prayer and meditation keep me in a great place of peace, serenity and gratitude.

Kathleen

#100946 - 01/26/07 12:25 AM Re: Kathleen Gage, Law Of Achievement [Re: KathleenGageSpeaker]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

You are such a well-rounded individual. I love reading your words. Before I finished, I was completely relaxed just reading it all! Thanks for sharing.

#100947 - 02/01/07 04:29 AM Re: Kathleen Gage, Law Of Achievement [Re: jawjaw]

I want to personally thank everyone who has been a part of this month's Featured Author discussion. It has been an incredible experience. I wish everyone the greatest success life has to offer.

Kathleen Gage

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved