The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 49 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#100898 - 01/03/07 03:29 PM Re: Kathleen Gage, Law Of Achievement [Re: Jane_Carroll]
KathleenGageSpeaker Offline

Loc: Pleasant Hill, OR
Law of Attraction was written by Michael Losier. Law of Achievement was written by Lori Giovanonni and Kathleen Gage.

The Law of Attraction has a whole movement behind it. I would love to have that happen with the Law of Achievement.

Actually, Lori and I wrote this book during a very troubled time for her. Lori and I have worked together for years. Over the years we have enjoyed some incredible experiences and successes with one another.

As a matter of fact, right before we wrote Law of Acievement, we were planning yet another business venture. Then life took an unexpected turn for the worse and the rest as they say, is history.

Here is what we have in the book's intro to give you an idea of how it came to be.
Why We Decided To Write This Book

The idea for this book began many years ago as a result of numerous conversations. Having both achieved multiple levels of success, we wanted to share with others what achievement meant to us. Although we knew someday we would write the book we were continually sidetracked with never-ending professional endeavors.

We went from thinking about writing the book to being guided to write the book through one event that changed the course of many lives. It is through this event our belief that the only point of power is in the now was reinforced like never before.

At 6:19pm on September 2, 2005, our world stopped. Troy Roper Jr., Lori’s husband and Kathleen’s dear friend, was in a severe motorcycle accident. The pursuit of business, joint ventures and material concerns came to a screaming halt.

For 102 days our lives revolved around the shock trauma unit, surgery, intensive care, doctors, nurses and an endless stream of visitors and well wishers. Lori slept in Troy’s room every night and Kathleen relieved Lori every day.

There was no word or concern about business issues. Priorities were rearranged and the world had shifted on its axis. When the crisis subsided it was evident we all had changed. Our beliefs and values had been tempered and some of them changed completely. Our greatest lesson and realization is that far too often we had lived in “someday.” Troy’s accident reminded us to live in today, cherishing each moment. After over eight months of recovery, Troy continues to inspire us.

People tend to put off until “someday” what they really would like to do today. The delays come for many reasons. Time, money, laziness, no sense of urgency or just plain not getting around to it.

Starting as a someday project that we dabbled with for years, Troy’s accident transformed this book into a today project. When we sat down to write The Law of Achievement, we knew it was destined to be a book that impacted many and made a difference not only to it’s readers but to people outside of the traditional business market.

Looking to transform lives with the book’s message as well as the proceeds, we chose to partner with Executive Women International® (EWI) and contribute a portion of each book sale to the Reading Rally.

Both of us understand the power of the written and spoken word. We have made our living from both for decades. To think of a life without the ability to read is almost beyond our comprehension and yet, we know this is a fact of life for many.

Having both been members of this fine organization for many years, facilitating EWI’s Annual Leadership Conference and having a lot of respect for the Reading Rally program, it made perfect sense to partner with EWI.

It is through the support of countless individuals and the experience of the now moment that this book came to be. Our intention in writing The Law of Achievement is to fuel action, inspire dreams and assist others in living a life of purpose, potential and possibility.

Back of book...

The Law of Achievement offers a rare look into what it really means to discover your purpose, possibility and potential.

Authors Kathleen Gage and Lori Giovannoni dare to reveal uncommon and rarely explored philosophies in this unique book. Having been driven by the traditional measurements of success, Kathleen and Lori have discovered the counter-intuitive laws of achievement that had been brewing in their consciousness for years.

The catalyst for writing this book was a life changing experience for both authors that forever shifted their perception of success.

Both Gage and Giovannoni have been sharing these philosophies for decades at conferences and conventions throughout the world. Now you can enjoy the same insights that have been thrilling audiences for years.

The Laws of Achievement appeals to all walks of life, expanding the concept of achievement beyond the common self-help and standard business book to a personal journey of growth and success. With a relaxed style and gentle approach, the authors offer a way to success that allows for nurturance and safety in the process.

The Law of Achievement offers the burned out and over-burdened reader the opportunity to be lit up and ready to engage in life once again.

To read more please visit http://www.lawofachievement.com

Thanks for asking.
Kathleen

#100899 - 01/03/07 03:40 PM Re: Kathleen Gage, Law Of Achievement [Re: Jane_Carroll]

Tomorrow night I am hosting a free teleconference with Amy Scott Grant. She has done some work with Law of Attraction author Michael Losier as well as with Joe Vitale. If you are interested simply click on the link below for my ezine. There is information under the upcoming events section on how to sign up for the call.

Kathleen

#100900 - 01/03/07 03:50 PM Re: Kathleen Gage, Law Of Achievement [Re: KathleenGageSpeaker]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
What a powerful message! You both learned first hand to live for the day. Amazing.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#100901 - 01/03/07 04:02 PM Re: Kathleen Gage, Law Of Achievement [Re: KathleenGageSpeaker]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Wonderful and inspiring story, Kathleen. I would like to know if your publishing company is for self-publishers. If so, why didn't I learn about it before I made my choice?
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#100902 - 01/03/07 04:40 PM Re: Kathleen Gage, Law Of Achievement [Re: Saundra]

Hi Saundra,

I only publish books I am one of the authors for.

There are many other resources and if you are interested to learn more there are some yahoogroups that talk in detail about self publishing companies. Let me know if you would like the names of the groups.

Kathleen

#100903 - 01/03/07 10:50 PM Re: Kathleen Gage, Law Of Achievement
lorispeaker Offline

Loc: Bountiful, Utah
I've worked with Kathleen for years and you all are in for a great time. She is truly inspirational and has assisted me both professionally and personally through some tough stuff. This is not to be missed.
Lori G.

#100904 - 01/03/07 11:55 PM Re: Kathleen Gage, Law Of Achievement [Re: KathleenGageSpeaker]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Kathleen and Lori, K wrote "In all of this, the underlying message was that happiness came from living our passion. Fulfilling our destiny and taking risks." You also spoke of procrastination. I think procrastination is an underlying aspect of fear. Risks also can be full of fear. How do you reconcile the fear associated with risks? Also, how do you define "achievement?" Thanks!

Edited by Princess Lenora (01/04/07 12:10 AM)

#100905 - 01/04/07 12:14 AM Re: Kathleen Gage, Law Of Achievement [Re: Princess Lenora]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Kathleen, if I were as prolific as you are I'd start my own company too. I'm using a POD publisher. It's a slow road and overwhelming but I'm sticking with it. Hope to have the book out late Feb or early March. Working on website now. Any specific advice for us POD authors? I already signed up for the teleconference and can't wait.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#100906 - 01/04/07 05:05 AM Re: Kathleen Gage, Law Of Achievement [Re: Saundra]

Hello all,

I will add more comments and answers in the morning. I have been working on a new product that I plan to release to my market next week and am dog tired. Time for some deep zzzzs

My best
Kathleen

#100907 - 01/04/07 10:42 AM Re: Kathleen Gage, Law Of Achievement [Re: Princess Lenora]

Great questions Lenora. Unfortunately, many people live in a place of fear and miss out on the "juice of life." There are different types of fear. Healthy fear where we know that something really is to be feared.

For example, the fear of health problems due to bad eating and exercising habits. It is in identifying the fear one is now in a position to do something about it. However, many people choose to stay in the fear and do nothing at all about it, or bury the fear and hope that it miraculously disappears.

Another type of fear is the fear we create from our imagination. The “what if” fear. What if I try something and it fails. What if I take this risk and I lose everything because of it? What if I write a book and people ridicule me?

It is this type of fear that can immobilize us and keep us living in the past or the future. As with the first example, it is in identifying what the fear is we are in a position to take action.

For example, “What if I try starting a business and I fail?” The first question to ask is, “Well, what if that did happen? What’s the worst that would come of it?” Be as honest with the answers as you can.

And then ask, “Okay, if I have the chance of failing, what do I need to do to minimize the risk? What information do I need, what courses can I take, who can I talk to and learn from, etc.”

Based on the answers, then be willing to take some type of action. It has been said that action cures fear. I used to keep that saying up in my office to give me the courage to walk through some fearful situations.

I can remember when I first began pursuing the dream of speaking professionally. There were many a time I had fear creep up. And there were some situations that supported my fear. What helped was to remember why I wanted to speak in the first place; think of what life could be like if I continued pursuing my dream; think of what life would be like if I gave up; and do it, do it, do it, until the fear all but disappeared. With each victory I was able to stretch myself a bit more and a bit more presenting to thousands of people over the years.

If I would have let those knocky knees, sweaty palms, faint feelings stop me, I would have missed so much.

Something that really drives me is to realize that life is in fact very short. Quite a cliché and yet, the truth. In a moment it can all change; it can all end. I don’t want to be one of those people who gets to the end of my life and says, I wish I would have, I wish I could have.

The opening quote in our book, The Law of Achievement, is “You will not discover your greatness by emulating someone else. You will only know your greatness by being who you are.”

The last thought in the book is ..

“The Last Achievement

It all will end one day.

Life as we know it is destined to change.

Our bodies will no longer house our heart’s desires and signs of our achievements will hang on a wall as a distant memory.

We will leave this earth. How and when we leave is a mystery. Until then, our life is in our hands. We are free to explore possibilities, express our potential and live our purpose.

Life’s achievements will pass and all that remains is the memory of the love we’ve left in the hearts of others.

Our desire in writing this book is that we will remain a gentle reminder in your heart.

Our desire for you is that you will leave a gentle reminder in the hearts of many.”

You ask what achievement is. Achievement is many things. Often when we hear the word achievement we think in terms of the externals; money, fame and fortune. Truth be told, often those are the wrong representations of achievement.

Achievement can be something as simple as being the best spouse we can be, the best parent, the best friend. It can be the person who has been critically injured speaking their first words when no one thought they would speak again.

Here is something from our book that may give you more insight into my (and Lori’s) definition of achievement.

Faith - The Foundation of Achievement

Faith is not solely reserved for the realm of the spiritual.

Faith allows us to cross all boundaries of limitation. Faith in ourselves is as important as a faith in something larger than self. It is a prerequisite in life calling upon the possibilities that have yet to be brought into existence.

We talk about “believing in ourselves,” “trusting ourselves,” and sometimes “having faith in ourselves,” but where do we look for an example of this faith? How are we taught to have an understanding of self so strong it is not shaken by failure or rejection, not shattered by fear or lost to desire? Who teaches us to have faith in ourselves regardless of the outcome or situation?

Our life will be filled with many teachers. Our wisest teachers are those we love and those that love us. Relationships grounded in love bring an unbending faith in each other. Having someone who can see your potential when you cannot and hold the faith that you will achieve the heights intended is the purpose of our relationships. We see these relationships in great teachers with their students, parents with their children, spouses with one another.

We all have evidence of how reliable and faithful we are when the chips are down. In looking for a little self–faith, the evidence is as close as an experience when we doubted we had the strength to get through but did so anyway.

Faith in another is a great gift; faith in self is even greater. Our lives are filled with memories of faith. We need only remember."

Thanks for asking.

Kathleen

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved