The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 156 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#12769 - 07/21/04 04:44 PM guided visualization meditation
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anyone heard of this? Anyone practice it?

My sister was given these tapes to help her get throgh her radiation treatments and they've been a tremendous blessing for her.

It taps into the body, mind, and spirit connection and allows her to focus positively on her treatments.

They have been extremely healing allowing her to see this cancer as a blessing in disguise...if you can imagine.

I'm interested in knowing if women are using these tapes for other reasons and if so please give me the names of assorted ones. Thanks so much!

#12770 - 07/23/04 12:00 AM Re: guided visualization meditation
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I remember a doctor who used something similar in his practice perhaps ten years ago. The other docs disapproved, but his patients generally had better outcomes.
Nowadays, I think there is a greater empahsis on treating the patient as a whole rather than just a disease.
What I have read about guided visualization is all positive. Makes the patient feel better, improves recovery rates, no side effects.
Sounds like you've got a very good treatment system.
smile

#12771 - 07/23/04 03:50 AM Re: guided visualization meditation
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
One of the first places to use these tapes and treat the entire person, nutritional, medical and spiritual needs was:
THE CANCER TREATMENT CENTERS OF AMERICA

Their procedures have cured those that were given NO hope by other doctors and told to put their affairs in order. God forbid but if I ever was diagnosed with cancer I would run to the nearest center.

#12772 - 07/23/04 04:13 PM Re: guided visualization meditation
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
I just had a counselor guide me through a visualization meditation last night. I felt remarkably more relaxed when it was over. She is making a tape for me so I can listen to it at night and hopefully it will help me sleep better and wake up more rested.

#12773 - 07/23/04 05:31 PM Re: guided visualization meditation
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Sherri, who makes these tapes? I'm interested in learning more. Glad to hear it helped you. How's the grieving process going? How's Craig?

#12774 - 07/24/04 07:14 AM Re: guided visualization meditation
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Oh wow. Have I got a site for you. Belleruth Napastak, the leading authority on guided imagery, has a wonderful website packed full of just this thing.
I hope I have this right.
www.healthjourneys.com

If that doesn't work, let me know.

#12775 - 07/26/04 08:34 PM Re: guided visualization meditation
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Dianne, thanks so much! Next time my sister stops by we're going to look at this together. Can't wait! Have you done this type of meditation?

#12776 - 08/02/04 07:47 AM Re: guided visualization meditation
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
I use a guided imagery cd during my MRI's because I am such a sissy. But it works great!

I will check ou the title when I get home.

Lynn

#12777 - 08/02/04 10:11 PM Re: guided visualization meditation
Dotsie Offline
Founder

At least you'll have an MRI. Some people will only go to the center that has the open ones where you don't have to be closed in a tube!

#12778 - 08/03/04 01:38 AM Re: guided visualization meditation
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Dotise,

Please don't give me that much credit. I do have open MRI's but since my brain is being tested, I have to put my head in a woven bucket (very close to the face) and then my head (in the bucket) is in the MRI machine itself instead of my knee with my head out.

Anyway, the name of the cd's are Health Journeys by Belleruth Naparstek. I think the voice is what matters most. If the voice is soothing then you relax, if the voice grates on you, forget it. I like this woman's voice. I use the general wellness one which takes me to a sunny place (beach). It works well. I have not tried it any where but the MRI. I should take it to work!!!

Lynn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved