The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 51 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#59086 - 04/09/05 05:24 PM bringing flowers inside
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I love bringing in fresh flowers, greens, berries, pine cones, etc. Then I get all excited to arrange them in vases and place them around the house. Taking time to do this brings me such joy. Ah...the simple pleasures in life are such a blessing.

Tip, yard sales always have vases for .10-$1.00. I also use fun shaped jars. [Wink]

#59087 - 04/10/05 12:12 AM Re: bringing flowers inside
Kat Offline

Loc: Cape Cod Massachusetts
The daffodils I bought gave me hope that winter would finally cease its persistent reappearances. I put bunches in the rooms where I spend my time just to remind me spring might be close. Today I passed a house with hundreds of crocus, a field of purple and white. I had to stop just to look for a while.

[ April 09, 2005, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: Kat ]

#59088 - 04/11/05 06:11 PM Re: bringing flowers inside
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Kat, spring is heading your way. You're a little behind us. This weekend was fabulous! There's hope.

#59089 - 04/12/05 02:18 AM Re: bringing flowers inside
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Right now the roses in the park are the size of saucers or softballs. The colors are magnificient and the Lavednder is so heavy you can smell it throughout the entire park. I guess all that rain was good for something...The desert is in full bloom as well, and I've taken dozens of photographs so far....Life is good! [Big Grin]

#59090 - 04/13/05 05:57 AM Re: bringing flowers inside
Kat Offline

Loc: Cape Cod Massachusetts
On the way home today from a trek off Cape, I ran into snow showers. The radio said below freezing tonight. At least I can see the daffodils by the stairs. Thanks, Dotise, you have given me hope!

#59091 - 04/13/05 09:01 PM Re: bringing flowers inside
rallygirl Offline

Loc: Crofton, Maryland
Washington DC is absolutely gorgeous right now. The cherry blossoms are in full bloom as well as the Bradford Pear trees, flowering peach trees too! For some reason, and I think I say this every year, they just seem more lovely than usual. Maybe I am now getting into the years when we appreciate spring's beauty and God's message that all of us can come out of a dark, cold winter--on the other side more beautiful and none the worse for wear!

#59092 - 04/14/05 05:57 PM Re: bringing flowers inside
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Rally, one of these years I am going to get to DC to witness the cherry blossoms. Wasn't the big festival this past weekend? Do you go to that? I hear the traffic is horrendous. I think we'd take the train.

#59093 - 04/14/05 10:55 PM Re: bringing flowers inside
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My niece bought a deep rose colored chiffon type dress to be married in and my neighbor is generously giving her a bouquet of the most beautiful color roses, they are a creme color with deep rose trim all along the edges and the size of a baseball. There will be 8 of them plus some buds and I'm picking up some satin ribbon and babies breathe as part of the bouquet. Ryan will have the same rose buds as a boutinere. I just adore flowers. Spent three summers in DC and enjoyed the millions of cherry blossoms, the smell is so strong there it nearly takes ones breath away..... [Big Grin]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved