The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 44 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#57607 - 05/23/04 08:57 PM summer vacation plan anyone?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What's everyone doing this summer? Anyone getting away for some fun and sun?

Speaking of sun...everyone better get their sunglasses out for when our pool opens next week. I think my body will blind everyone in sight! [Eek!]

I know a few of you in here tan. I ran off to the spa up the street yesterday thinking I'd do 3-4 tanning sessions this week and they sold their tanning beds. [Mad] Weren't making enough money off them! So it's sunglasses for all around!

#57608 - 05/24/04 12:17 AM Re: summer vacation plan anyone?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Being able to swim in one of 2 large beautiful pools daily and use the sauna and jacuzzi at will or play tennis, pool or exercise in the gym or read in one of two comfortable librarys, I feel like I'm on vacation year around. All of these amenities are available within walking distance too. We have beautiful shaded lawns with putting greens and shuffle board and barbecue pits surounded by patio furniture. My friends and relatives come here to vacation which I love. I'd like to rent a mid size motor home and drive to the midwest to see my mom but the money is very tight so hopefully she'll fly here.... [Cool]

#57609 - 05/24/04 03:10 PM Re: summer vacation plan anyone?
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
As of last night, we now have a trip to Las Vegas to the APA National Pool Tournament, plus we are going to Germany to see kids and grandkids for 10 days in September. On June 16 I am flying to see my Dad, celebrate Father's Day with him and my sister.

This is going to be a busy, busy summer. Hope to meet Chatty while I am in Vegas!

Sherri

#57610 - 05/24/04 11:46 PM Re: summer vacation plan anyone?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sherri, my pleasure will be to meet with you while your here. I'll send you an email with my phone number and you can call me when your here so we can meet. Do you know where you'll be staying and where the tournament is? Wow, Germany how exciting. My Cousins daughter and husband both Doctors in the Military were just stationed in Japan for 4 years so she'll be visiting there but when they were in Germany she visited and said it was a magnificent place.

#57611 - 05/25/04 01:17 AM Re: summer vacation plan anyone?
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Our summer started last week with a trip to Utah!

We will be taking my Mom to the Ocean for a week and my sisters family goes also. The cousins look forward to it each year.

I hope to move at the end of the summer but hope to squeeze in one more trip. Probably in the fall. With interest rates rising wwe have to se how the finances hold out. But traveling has always ben "our thing" and now that Nathan is in the swing we are READY!

Lynn

Open to any suggestions domestic and international.

#57613 - 05/25/04 03:56 AM Re: summer vacation plan anyone?
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
I Hate To Fly! Now, I will be flying 3 times in one year!

Chatty, I kept your email and will put your phone number in my cell phone. What is your area code?

Anyone in the Bay area on Boomer Women?
Dad lives just south of Oakland.

The kids in Germany have many trips planned for us, to Paris, Austria, several castles, etc. Even talking about flying to London for an overnight stay. There I go flying again! I wrote a funnly little poem about that. It will be in my upcoming book.

#57614 - 05/25/04 04:53 AM Re: summer vacation plan anyone?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
June 2 or 3 I take off and drive north for the Berkeley Poetry Festival on June 5 where I'll have a crafts booth and also get to read. June 7 I have a "guest" poetry feature at a venue in Berkeley. Then I plan to visit one or two girlfriends who live in NoCali. I'll stay with my friends and also in hostels. Total time on the road will be 1-2 weeks. I envision this as a road trip and writing retreat. It'll be nice to have time by myself. Husband finally popped the question and I answered, "No, you're not invited to accompany me."

Mid-August I have a crafts fair in San Luis Obispo, 5 hours north of here. I usually stay for a few days and hike along the beach. Husband has gone on this trip in the past but I may leave him home again. I'm seriously tired of having him ruin every vacation.

I have my application in for a crafts festival in Prescott Arizona but don't know if I'll be accepted. Two years ago I went for a week and left him home too.

#57615 - 05/26/04 04:28 AM Re: summer vacation plan anyone?
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Getting together with family for several long weeeknds of fun.

Going to visit Dave's sister & bro-in-law who is seriously ill and not expected to make it.

Going to Russia for +2 weeks to teach.

Going to Alaska on vacation cruise.

Have accepted a teaching job at a WV University and will begin at end of summer.

YAAAAA SUMMER!

#57616 - 05/31/04 05:08 PM Re: summer vacation plan anyone?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
We boomers sure are busy!

I wonder if Pam's back from Ireland. Anyone know?

#57617 - 05/31/04 05:37 PM Re: summer vacation plan anyone?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Boy are boomers ever nomads. Everyone traveling like crazy. Sounds fun.
I've traveled for years both for business and for pleasure. Been in every state, several islands, both contiguous countries, Europe, Asia, and Around the world. I've traveled on foot, motorcycle, car, plane, train and ship.
Seems like commercial travel gets more complicated with every trip. More security, tangled connections, overbooking, more dangerous.
My home is really wonderful and I have hardly appreciated it at all until recently. I have a small acreage, lots of trees, a creek, a pool and a hot tub and we entertain a lot. My husband wants to do a few improvements and we'll probably drive to Branson or somewhere nearby for few days, but no long trips.
I hope everyone will share their adventures on this site though so I won't go berserk and take off on some crazy trip. [Smile]
smile

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved