The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 39 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#186715 - 07/18/09 12:24 PM Organizing
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Is organizing a hobby? I laughed at myself the other evening when my sister-in-law talked about putting her house on the market. She said she'd have to get crackin' by getting rid of stuff and going through things. I immedaitely piped in that I'd help. I love sorting through anything, getting rid of junk, and giving stuff away.

Does getting your "stuff" in order make you feel good?

#186732 - 07/18/09 01:48 PM Re: Organizing [Re: Dotsie]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Yes it does! I like organization. smile I have baskets in most of my kitchen, bathrooms, and desk drawers to keep things from rolling around and getting covered up with other junk. I also have plastic containers of all size that I keep various things in. I get rid of things that I don't use or need anymore. I take those items to the salvation army.

#187152 - 07/25/09 12:53 PM Re: Organizing [Re: Cookie]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I'm good at thinking about getting organized smile Doing it is another story. I have one room that I just cannot do it with. I keep saying it, but can't do it. I guess it's because I don't want to throw stuff out or get rid of anything and there isn't room in here for all of it.

But today, I start my photography classes. Now there's a hobby I can get into.

#187215 - 07/26/09 09:16 PM Re: Organizing [Re: Louisa]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
My problem with organizing is that you start with one box and get rid of part of it, then another and so on until you've worked so hard and only eliminated maybe one or two boxes from maybe 6 or so. Seems like you don't really make much progress.

Perhaps the idea is to get rid of more stuff you don't ever use or bother year after year.
www.tidedancer.com

#187217 - 07/27/09 01:33 AM Re: Organizing [Re: Sandpiper]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Cookie, sounds like your'e real organized. Love all your baskets and plastic containers.

Louisa, tell me about your photography. I didn't know you wee starting classes. Wow - writing and now photography. Your midlife getes more exciting with each passing day.

Sandpiper, get rid of more stuff, and stop bringing in new. A friedn had a yard sale this weekend and sold some stuff, but also confessed to buying more from friends in the neighborhood. So, did she really get rid of anything?

#187309 - 07/28/09 11:24 PM Re: Organizing [Re: Dotsie]
Louisa Offline

Dotsie, I bought a new camera because of how much I love taking pictures. I got it at Ritz and they offer free classes. I went to one on Saturday. It was interesting and helpful. I am going to more. I love the new camera. Been taking shots of everything, especially my husband's flowers and Katie. since I'm not working, I have more time for it anyway right now. May as well take advantage.

#187361 - 07/29/09 07:14 PM Re: Organizing [Re: Louisa]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

We have a Ritz right around the corner. In fact, our youngest son bought Ross a nice, new camera and lens for Father's Day from RItz. I love that place. They are so helpful and friendly. Did you know some of them have closed down?

Hey, I missed something. I didn't know you weren't working. Did you post about that? What happened?

#187385 - 07/30/09 01:26 AM Re: Organizing [Re: Dotsie]
Louisa Offline

Yes. We had one at our other mall and that one closed a while back. This one is still pretty busy. I like it there, but it's not as convenient as going to CVS for prints. But they know what they are talking about and that helps. Did your son get free tickets/coupons for classes when he bought the camera? He should have.

I haven't been working for about a month now. I'm not sure that I posted it. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. Can't really retire yet.

#187395 - 07/30/09 09:01 AM Re: Organizing [Re: Louisa]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

We also had one close at a local mall which I find sad because they do know what they're talking about when it comes to cameras.

I don't think he got any copons, but i'll ask him. We are a preferred customer so we get discounts. Do you have one of those cards?

Sorry to hear about your work. I'm sure you miss the money, but are soaking up the free time, especially this time of year.

#187405 - 07/30/09 11:00 AM Re: Organizing [Re: Dotsie]
Louisa Offline

When I bought the camera, they gave me coupons for a bunch of stuff. I got 25 free prints made, a free photobook, had a free DVD made from some of my pics, plus they threw in the discount card and a bnch of tickets for the classes. If you go on www.ritzcamerauniversity.com they have lots of great advice on taking pictures too.

I will go back to work eventually and am hoping to do something different. I know there is something waiting somewhere. I have been trying to do some things I've been wanting to do but didn't have the time for. I visited a great museum and plan to visit another one soon, I'm taking pictures and the classes, writing more and hope to paint again this summer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved