The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 60 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#27107 - 06/24/06 07:21 AM Hello, New Here!
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Found you! So, this is where you all are! I have only just come across this group and have been browsing through the various posts. Some made me laugh and some touched me deeply. All in all, everything inspires. I hope to find kindred spirits here in more ways than one.

I turned 50 last month. Minor ailments but generally fit. Grandmother of 2 below 5 with a third one expected in October. My children, a son and a daughter, are now grown up but glad that despite their own lives, they make me feel that where I am is still home to them.

In the meantime, warm wishes to all.

#27108 - 06/24/06 07:29 AM Re: Hello, New Here!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Welcome Lola. Yup, this is where we've been hanging out. So glad you found us. We hope you'll make us your new online home every time you turn that PC on.

Your comment about your grown children is exactly how I hope and pray my kids feel when they are out of the nest for good. As a matter of fact, I adore my family and love the home we've created, but there's something special about plopping in the recliner at Dad's when I visit him.

#27109 - 06/24/06 07:51 AM Re: Hello, New Here!
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Welcome Lola! Looking forward to seeing you on many of the topics.

I'm 48, married, one fat beagle, and two teenage sons. So they DO move out eventually, huh? [Smile]

Kathy

#27110 - 06/24/06 07:54 AM Re: Hello, New Here!
Lola Offline

Gosh, Dotsie you're prompt! It is so heartwarming to receive a quick response from you. Bet your bottom dollar I'll be here everyday.

My parents are gone and I do wish I still had their hearth to go "home" to and the accompanying recliner to curl up in. I am far from home (NY) and have settled in the UK now but, despite many years here, I occasionally feel transient.

#27111 - 06/23/06 08:21 PM Re: Hello, New Here!
Lola Offline

Hi, Rick and June: Both children lived at home until they finished their university degrees. My daughter wrapped it all up on a Friday and got married the following day. Coming home from the wedding and waking up the next day without her at home was gut wrenching. I am still not over it but I have learned to carry on. I can only be thankful that she is married to a wonderful chap. They live 350 miles from where I am at but we speak on the phone and webcam each other before bedtime everyday. They spend a weekend a month with me then, I visit with them for a few days when my grandson is on school break. My son, on the other hand, has only just bought his own place a mile down the road from where I am. Technically, he has not moved out because he comes around for dinner 4 nights a week. He does the food shopping round with me on the weekends as well. I am the eldest of four girls. My Dad wanted a son but Mom always quipped: "a son is a son until he takes a wife, a daughter is a daughter all your life". Whether that bears its weight in gold remains to be tested. For the moment, I'll cherish all the time he spends with me.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved