The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 121 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#26491 - 09/26/04 08:35 AM Hello from my little empty nest
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
My name is Andria and as I was reading the Shoals Woman magazine online one day, I came across a story by Georgia (JJ). I visited her site and for the first time in my life, I sat down and wrote a story. That was Sept 17th. I realized that I enjoyed writing that little story so much that I am now like the Energizer Bunny! I just keep going and going. Every day since, I email my 2 brothers and 4 sisters a "story" that I remember when we were all growing up together. I don't know who's having the most fun...me writing them or they reading them. I am now author, editor and publisher all in one! [Confused]
From JJ, I found you... [Big Grin]

[ September 26, 2004, 01:39 AM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

#26492 - 09/26/04 11:28 AM Re: Hello from my little empty nest
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Chuckadee, you found us and we are sooo glad you did but did you know that JJ is our Queen. Yes thats a fact, she is the Grand Pubba, our Highness and the Royal One we all admire and bow to. So you are in good company finding her web site. Welcome [Wink]

#26493 - 09/26/04 11:30 AM Re: Hello from my little empty nest
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Please excuse me CHICKADEE for butchering your name. It's very late and I haven't been to bed yet. So sorry....

#26494 - 09/26/04 02:52 PM Re: Hello from my little empty nest
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Chickadee,
How exciting that you just sat down and started writing! You go girl....the writing was probably always there and woke up like a gentle giant, eh?

Are you from the Shoals area? If not, how did you find Shoals Woman?

Now, tell the room all about yourself. Do you have children? Do you gag..sput...cough...WORK? I see you live in OK...we have another member here, SMILES that lives in that grand state. Maybe you two live close to each other?

We are sooo happy you chose to join us here. I am sure you will find that each of these women have something to offer you in the way of friendships, learing, and of course help in your writing. This is absolutely the best forum on the net. But be warned...it is addictive...

Hugs girl...and just jump right in and start posting! [Big Grin] There is no right way or wrong way. We just post and talk. [Wink]

JJ

#26495 - 09/26/04 04:27 PM Re: Hello from my little empty nest
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Welcome to the Boomer Girls Chickadee! Our Queen JJ reigns supreme here but ALL of us are happy to see you join us. There's something for everyone here - including a "Writing" area...I guess that I tend to spend most of my time there BUT there's a lot of great spots to vent and share so pull up a chair and make yourself comfy....this will become your "home away from home" in no time.
[Wink]

#26496 - 09/26/04 06:22 PM Re: Hello from my little empty nest
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Chickadee, welcome to the neighborhood. Gotta love that queen...sending all her buddies here! Thanks queenie.

Chick, we hope you'll hang out and make this your online home. There are lots of writers here, some published, some not, but all passionate about it as you are.

If you're interested in freelancing there are lots of online sites that are helpful. Let us know and we'll start giving you information.

Please teel us more about you so we can get to know you better.

#26497 - 09/26/04 08:37 PM Re: Hello from my little empty nest
chickadee Offline

Thank you for your kind Welcome.
A little about me...I just turned 50. Yeah, I made it! I was born in Canada (Newfoundland) I moved to Ontario when I was 19. I moved back when I was 30 something. I raised 3 children, 2 daughters(28 & 32) and a son(not bio)27. I have a 4 yr old grandson and a 12 yr old granddaughter.They are all living in Canada.
I divorced in 70 something and still hold that “earned” status.
I went to College at 40 something and studied Economic Development and Business.
When I was in my early 30’s, I found out that my Dad who raised me was not my biological father. Equipped with a name only, I searched for 12 determined years till I found my Bio dad... in the Shoals Area.
Six years ago while visiting my new found family, I met MOH (my other half)as I will refer to him, who works here in Oklahoma.
I am still trying to establish my status in the beautiful US of A. I am temporarily unemployed... and enjoying it.
There a million stories hidden in the above words...got a minute [Big Grin]

#26498 - 09/26/04 09:15 PM Re: Hello from my little empty nest
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Girl, ain't it so? We've all got our stories to tell. Have you EVER come to the right place! ha!

For whatever reason you've come, we are fortunate to have you, and hope you will make this your home away from home.

I stand amazed at anyone who would go back to college and study Economics and Business on purpose! That's some tough subjects. You go girl...not me...Although I have a business degree, I think I excelled at basketweaving or similar...and to top it off, I was told more than once to be quiet in class...hmp! go figure!

May I ask what types of things you like to write?

JJ

#26499 - 09/26/04 10:13 PM Re: Hello from my little empty nest
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
Chickadee
welcome to the forums and greetings from a fellow Canuck [Smile] are your children still living in Newfoundland? I'm from Ontario but have relatives living on the east coast.

From your brief bio, sounds like you have some interesting stories to tell [Smile]

#26500 - 09/26/04 10:14 PM Re: Hello from my little empty nest
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
ps - Chatty - "Chuckadee"????? that's hilarious....... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

('scuse my warped sense of humour)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved