The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 163 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#22320 - 03/14/06 05:56 AM Introducing Myself
Pam R. Offline

Hi Everyone: I'm so glad I found this website. I learned about it from the Womenheart.org site that I joined after my heart attack in Nov. 2003. (Also a wonderful website)I'm the girl who took the 50 mg. Imitrex for a migraine and had a heart attack 35 minutes later. Wish I could have taken 4 tylenol instead! I am 57, married for 39 years with 2 wonderful grown daughters. I will be a first time grandma in May. I am very excited!! I work for the Girl Scouts in a large council in NY. We service 17,000 girls and 5,000 adults. We do so much more than sell cookies and camp! Our motto is "Where Girls Grow Strong", and that is exactly what we attempt to do. It is an amazing organization. I wish everyone knew all that these girls do like traveling the world, community service, the arts, science, technology...I could go on and on. Anyway, I have been there for 19 years as a full time employee and love it. Most of my dearest friends are from my career. Since my heart attack I look at life very differently. I take one day at a time and enjoy every one of them. I still have lots of other stresses in my life like an elderly mom who is 90 and a husband who still works 65 hours a week but I think I am handling it pretty well. If only my hair loss problem would let up! Those heart meds and menopause really do a job on the hair. All of you seem so nice on this site, I look forward to being a part of it. Thank you,

#22321 - 03/14/06 06:26 AM Re: Introducing Myself
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Pam,
I so glad you are with us, literally! You don't have to convince me of the Girl Scouts worth or code of honor. Believe it or not girls, I was a Girl Scout! Yep...and loved it. I was a Brownie first, then a GS. I always thought it was so cool because my initials were the same as GS (at the time) and so everything I wore looked like it had my initials on it! ha!

Glad you've joined jus Pam R. and I hope you will make this your home away from home. I think you are truly to be admired. Anybody who has the same job for 19 years and can speak so highly of it, must truly be following their passion. Kudos!

JJ

#22322 - 03/14/06 06:37 AM Re: Introducing Myself
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Jaw, Jaw,
I was a Girl Scout and sold cookies and more cookies for 30 cents a box in those days and our house was just filled with cookies. I love those mint cookies that the little browie baker still makes . I buy today the cookies. I was a browie first the then we flew up with our wings and I still have my browie pin today.

Hey , PM me Jaw Jaw want to give you my email we just might be coming south your way this summer. I hope if all goes well.

Renee

#22323 - 03/14/06 06:56 AM Re: Introducing Myself
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Welcome Pam,

I also was a Girl Scout. I was even the troup leader for my sister's Brownie troup when I was about 21, then was a Jr. Girl Scout Leader. After my son started doing things, then I got involved in his stuff.

Daisygirl

#22324 - 03/14/06 07:03 PM Re: Introducing Myself
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Renee/Nancy,
I don't do PMing. I was getting too many negative comments about others so I disabled it. Drop me a line at GJawjaw1@aol.com ANYTIME! I would love to connect with you this summer. Lunch is on me. You don't eat much, right?

JJ

#22325 - 03/14/06 07:28 PM Re: Introducing Myself
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
[Razz] Welcome Pam! Sorry you endured a heart attack, but glad you are with us! God bless you!

[Frown] About PM...If we only used our words wisely and chose them carefully, this would certainly be a much better world! My prayer is to use words to inspire and lift others, to help, heal and live God's wondrous love!

#22326 - 03/14/06 07:32 PM Re: Introducing Myself
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Pam R, welcome to the neighborhood.

Sorry to hear about your heart attack. Wow, we have Imitrex here for my daughter who gets the occasional migraine. That's scary.

Do you still get migraines? If so, what do you do for them now?

Is your mom in your town?

#22327 - 03/15/06 05:30 AM Re: Introducing Myself
Pam R. Offline

Hi Dotsie: Thanks for your good thoughts. No, I don't get nearly the # of migraines any longer. Since the heart attack I have been taking beta-blockers. They also prevent migraines so things are not nearly as bad. I take butalbital with no caffeine on a bad day. Please be sure your doctor watches your daughter carefully with the Imitrex. To answer your second question, yes...my mom lives only 10 minutes away. We are trying to keep her in her own home and to be independent for as long as possible but it looks like that won't be for much longer. It is so hard going full circle and knowing that she took such good care of me and now I am taking care of her. I have a wonderful brother and sister in law who live nearby as well. We all help which makes it a bit easier since my husband and I are both still working. Hope my girls take care of me one day too!!! God love them!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved