The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 46 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#143617 - 02/26/08 11:49 PM Great News! Update on Disability
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
My dear, dear friends,

Dennis has his initial acceptance for his right to receive disability. There is some wording in there that is funny, but things are on the right track.

Because I know many of you will want to know how I am taking care of myself through all of this, here is the other update information:

All the insurance problems have been figured out and he is finally "cobarized", meaning I am not paying out of pociet for his drugs.

We hired a HHA (Home Health Assistant) for a few hours a week to help dress and feed him as well as cleaning up the kitchen and washing the bed linens.

Our next goal is to figure out ways to save some of his assets, finacially, and would welcome any information anyone has. I just can't see why he should have to go completely broke to get the help he needs.

Thanks, my friends, for being here for me all of this time. You have no idea how much you have all meant to me.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#143618 - 02/27/08 06:19 AM Re: Great News! Update on Disability [Re: Anno]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Anno, congrats for you and Dennis. Disability is challenging enough without going through a lot of insurance headaches.

I don't have any info on the financial aspects, but wish the best for both of you.

Poet and essayist

#143619 - 02/27/08 07:43 AM Re: Great News! Update on Disability [Re: meredithbead]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
This news has made my day. I'm smiling ear to ear for you. And it's good to hear there is justice in the system. I'm not sure what you mean by saving Dennis's assests? Do you mean how to make a sure investment? Needless to say don't even say stock market. But still...a little birdy told me gold is a promising and safe investment. But please get other opinions on this.
Happy hugs are on their way!
Hannelore

#143620 - 02/27/08 09:58 AM Re: Great News! Update on Disability [Re: Edelweiss]
Mountain Ash Offline

Anno
this is good news.I am sure Dennis will be relieved also.
MA

#143621 - 02/27/08 10:47 AM Re: Great News! Update on Disability [Re: Mountain Ash]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Anno, to avoid depletion of assets, it might be helpful to consult a lawyer as to setting up a trust fund in your sole name, or giving the assets over to you as a gift in Dennis' lifetime.

I am glad that the disability benefit has worked out.

#143622 - 02/27/08 01:48 PM Re: Great News! Update on Disability [Re: Lola]
Anno Offline

Thank you ladies. We will still wait for a while for any money to come in, but it is a relief to both of us that we won't have to fight through the whole mess.

We will connect with a lawyer and an accountant to find out what is legal as far as "gifting" money. I know there is a yearly limit, but these are things we need to figure out.

Again, thank you. My boomer babes rock! Love you all.

#143624 - 02/27/08 07:01 PM Re: Great News! Update on Disability [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anno, I recall all of us wrapping you in prayers and good thoughts while you were doing all the ridiculous paperwork. Good for you for following through. Sometimes I think it's a test to see who is capable of doing all the foot work just to get these disability packages. It takes tenacity and you have it. You go girl!

Anno, don't forget the free email legal advice through the association. Let me know if you need those email addresses.

#143625 - 02/27/08 09:36 PM Re: Great News! Update on Disability
Anno Offline

Oh, I had forgotten about that Dotsie, thank you. Anne, I really don't know the laws here. I have been so overwhelmed just getting the paper work done for disability (we estimated I spent about 120 hours making calls, typing in the info, redoing when changes occured and answering silly questions over and over). Now that this is being sorted out a lawyer is the next thing on the list.

Yes, I felt wrapped up in prayers, that is for sure. I feel I have so many friends here that care about both of us. You all have been a god send to me over the past years, this year in particular. I sincerely thank you all, each and everyone of you.

#143626 - 02/28/08 03:31 AM Re: Great News! Update on Disability [Re: Anno]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
QIT (Qualified Income Trust), f/k/a Miller Trust, comes to mind... only because one of my mom's friends that had to do it to get her husband covered. I'm not sure if it's a Texas aid or not, but an elder law attorney should know.

#143627 - 02/28/08 11:46 AM Re: Great News! Update on Disability [Re: gims]
Anno Offline

Thanks, gims. Will check it out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved