The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 100 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#191086 - 10/05/09 06:34 PM What does your body tell you?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I'm wondering if there are others out there like me who have JUST NOW started listening to the signs our bodies can send us.

For instance, whenever I eat "white" stuff, like flour, white bread, sugar, etc, I not only gain weight, but my joints will hurt more the next morning when I get up. Has anyone else experienced this?

And since I stopped smoking, (about 7 years ago), I also stopped having sinus infections and headaches. I still get an occasional headache, but mainly from eye strain, or staying up too late.

So what signs does your body give you? And do you listen? Take heed? Or ignore them. I've learned to pay close attention and I'm loving taking better care of myself. I just hate that I waited so long to take it all serious!

#191121 - 10/05/09 08:14 PM Re: What does your body tell you? [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
If my body aches, I walk and stretch more. It works. Some people think you need to stop moving when things hurt. I think it's just the opposite.

I don't eat nearly the amount of milk products that I once did. I know how much my body can tolerate so I eat cheese in moderation and drink less milk. I get stomach cramps if I over-do.

I also use lots more moisturisers, all over.

#191122 - 10/05/09 08:14 PM Re: What does your body tell you? [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Looking forward to what others have to say. Maybe we can learn something new here.

#191139 - 10/05/09 09:49 PM Re: What does your body tell you? [Re: Dotsie]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
When my head starts to pound and the whole side of my face hurts (like a bad sunburn), I go and check the ingredient list of whatever we last ate...sure enough, it's 99.9% guarantee that it contains MSG.

My body tells me when I've had too much white stuff; similar to JJ, it manifests in joint pain, hot flashes, insomnia, bloating and lethargy (and fuzzy brainfog).

Lactose intolerance - my body has severe reactions (e.g., in the bathroom for 3 hours) if I eat dairy without the enzyme supplement, and milder reactions if I have too much dairy even with the supplement.

Low B12 - I can always tell when my B12 is low - I have low-grade chronic fatigue, which is manageable and doesn't impact too much anymore (diet, sleep & stress management). For example, normally I can run up/down 2 flights of stairs many times during the morning without a problem. But when my B12 is low, I feel like a deflated balloon and can barely even go up/down the stairs. I've learned to tell the difference between various degrees of fatigue and what causes the energy to drain/fluctuate and/or improve.

(Maya Angelou)

#191155 - 10/06/09 12:42 AM Re: What does your body tell you? [Re: Eagle Heart]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Only in the past 3 yrs. or so, if I eat too much white rice, bread, am lethargic and feel drained..like drinking too much coffee.

If haven't eaten any veggies nor fruit, I am constipated and just feeling "wrong". If I don't have a bowel movement in 2 days, I get concerned for myself.

A large glass of milk is enough for me in 1 meal. Any more I get diarrehea. Same for too much butter in foods, especially butter sauce. My body cannot handle too much milk nor butter.

If I get back or shoulder pain anywhere, then I do certain exercises for it to go away. A reminder if I don't do stretching exercises for several consecutive days.

Whenever I am in Ontario in winter, my skin gets very dry and starts to peel alot more...than in southern British Columbia.

If I see myself in photos leaning forward abit when I stand, that means I need to do more stretching exercises to counteract this and correct my posture. Prevent the rounding of upper back..due to age.

If I eat too much meat, I feel lethargic..and wrong. Then counteract next day with no meat meals.

A meal completely made of processed food, just makes me feel "off".

If my ears feel warm from wine, I MUST stop. That means my ears are turning red....from becoming drunk. It only takes 1/4 of glass of wine.

If I can't thread a sewing needle..means I should get reading glasses. (I'll get there...)

The reverse that is POSITIVE works also:

If I can snowshoe up and down a few steep hills in the mountains in deep snow for several hrs. without panting too much and without dragging, then I know my past few months of cycling has been worthwhile.

#191170 - 10/06/09 01:18 AM Re: What does your body tell you? [Re: orchid]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My body tells me everyday that I'm FAT, OLD, OUT of SHAPE, NEED TO MOVE MORE and will never be a contestant on Dancing With The Stars!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved