The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 62 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#184613 - 06/19/09 10:27 AM My 97 Year Old (Amazing) Teacher's Death
Alice Offline

Loc: Michigan
Hi, all. I wanted to share the story of my 97=year old grade school teacher who just died. She was an amazing woman. She played piano for silent films, and in her 90's she was still performing in plays; she had pictures of herself dressed up like Willie Nelson!

We were kindred spirits. She knew how I loved dance and music, but because of being poor, I couldn't take lessons, and she let me come to her house after school and look at her daughter's costumes.

She coined the term, "fairy-child" for me and I told her she had a fairy-child in her, also. SHe said, "Let's just keep doing that---to the grave!"

She said that as a teacher she had a "joyful feeling of teaching and wanting to make the kids feel accepted, warm and loved."

She left such a legacy and touched so many lives. I was going to see in her 5 weeks when I went home (to Maine). She was an angel in my life, and one of the most unique people on the planet. She still lived in her own house alone, and was involved in women's groups, a Sunday School teacher, etc., etc....she was recently selected as "Woman of the Year" by a sorority.

She and my sister and I sat in a restaurant and we all sang "THe Ugly Duckling" together...what a precious memory that is

I wanted to write this to honor her memory. She knew how much I adored her.

Thank you......Alice

#184666 - 06/19/09 09:42 PM Re: My 97 Year Old (Amazing) Teacher's Death [Re: Alice]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Bless her heart Alice and yours too!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#184727 - 06/20/09 12:49 PM Re: My 97 Year Old (Amazing) Teacher's Death [Re: chatty lady]
Alice Offline

Thank you, Chatty! I am going to dedicate my poetry book to her memory.

#184749 - 06/20/09 05:11 PM Re: My 97 Year Old (Amazing) Teacher's Death [Re: Alice]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
How wonderful that is to keep a warm childhood memory alive. She sounds like a very special lady, who recognized in you, as a child, how special you are too.

#184781 - 06/20/09 10:17 PM Re: My 97 Year Old (Amazing) Teacher's Death [Re: Edelweiss3]
Alice Offline

Oh, thank you Edelweiss; I will miss her for the rest of my life. We were kindred spirits.

Hugs, Alice

#185383 - 06/28/09 02:55 AM Re: My 97 Year Old (Amazing) Teacher's Death [Re: Alice]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Alice...isn't it special when someone comes into our life and makes such an impact and difference for us? You are blessed for having this wonderful angel of a lady being there for you. Just think...now she's your forever guardian angel. It's beautiful that you will dedicate your book to her. I'm sorry for your loss but glad you had this wonderful woman in your life.

#185446 - 06/29/09 02:54 PM Re: My 97 Year Old (Amazing) Teacher's Death [Re: Dee]
Alice Offline

Thank you, (((Dee)): What a lovely comment. Yes, I was blessed for having such an angel in my life. She was one of a kind!

Love n Hugs, Alice

#185575 - 07/01/09 07:41 AM Re: My 97 Year Old (Amazing) Teacher's Death [Re: Alice]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Your memory touched me. I'm glad she was a part of your life and you of hers.

Poet and essayist

#185585 - 07/01/09 01:50 PM Re: My 97 Year Old (Amazing) Teacher's Death [Re: meredithbead]
Alice Offline

Thankyou, ((Meredithbead)).

xoxo, Alice

#185791 - 07/03/09 05:29 PM Re: My 97 Year Old (Amazing) Teacher's Death [Re: Alice]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Wow Alice, I really enjoyed reading your memories of this remarkable woman. Thank you for sharing with us.

Imagine if we all had this kind of kindred spirit, what a better world we would be in now.

Cheers,
Cathi

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved