Several years ago I had a silk flower arrangement made at a local florist. The owner was a friend of mine and I was so impressed with the arrangement that I asked if she had made it...she replied, "No, my husband did." I then asked him if he had taked special floral design training...he replied, "No, I signed the bank loan on the business!"

Recently, I've been thrust into a new area of writing. Writing copy. Funny, marketing has been my biggest freak out since starting this business...but since I've started hosting a radio show, I find that it's just part of it...if I want the show to be successful...I have to do it...

The neat part is...it's easier than I thought it would be...I guess because I didn't have time to think about it...it just had to be done, so I did it...

I think that is what is so amazing about us boomer women...not just writers but all of us...we are just jumping in there and doing what needs to be done...and in the meantime we are creating new businesses, new products and services, and just overall better lives for ourselves and those around us...

Okay, Bertha...get off the soapbox...