Cathi,

We would love to have you in Alabama! Finding JJ only 40 miles away has been the best...even if she makes me clean the moat every Tuesday!

Saundra,

I wish I could say I was one of those people who had it all laid out and it just fell into place...but I'm one of those people who seems to fly by the seat of Bertha's spandex capris a lot of the time. It has taken everything in my life to get me to where I am today...the good and the bad.

I have always wanted to help people, that's why I became a nurse in the first place. Somewhere along the line, I realized that the technical part of nursing (procedures) wasn't what I enjoyed. I loved interacting with the people and helping them to feel better emotionally. I loved offering the comfort and laughter. The knowledge base and experience from nursing adds to my credibility and understanding of human nature.

I didn't have a clue that I wanted my own radio show...I just thought I wanted to be on Oprah so I would sell more books...Divine intervention, there!

There is never enough time to do everything that I want to do and feel like I need to do! I love having the flexibility of structuring my days. Like now I've been at my daughter's for a week and have gotten nothing done...no paid vacation here...got to get home and get some work done!

The funny thing is, I can start 'working' at 7am and at the end of the day feel like I've goofed off all day because I really love what I'm doing! I have to remind myself (and everyone else) that this really is work!