Good question!

If you were to ask me what I REALLY want to be when I grow up, I would have to say that my ultimate writing passion is for the stage and screen. I spent several years in Southern California as the Playwright-in-Residence of an intimate little theatre, and loved every minute of it. My goal at that time was to make it in Hollywood as a Screenwriter. That never happened - but then I never really tried, I was so caught up in live theatre and then I moved to AZ and then on to MN.

But the love of writing for the screen never left me.

In 1989 when I made my personal U-Turn journey from a belief in New Age Secular Humanism to Christianity, I felt led to share that story, along with the stories of other people who had made similar journeys. Thus began the God Allows U-Turns anthology series.

Stay with me folks, I'll answer Dotsie's question soon... After multiple volumes in this series I became known primarily as an Editor...someone who could compile multiple volumes in a series, and someone who could market, promote, speak, and evangelize...but not neccessarily WRITE.

However, I did include my own short stories from time to time in the God Allows U-Turns anthology, so folks knew I could write. :-)

Several years ago I met Tracie Peterson, the very well known CBA novelist (and best selling author time and time again) at a writers conference in Colorado. She heard me speak and approached me about co-authoring a non-fiction book on the lies that women believe. I CAN'T DO IT ALL was my first non-fiction book that contained my own writing (and not a collection of stories from other people.)

I had several screenplays in various stages of development and one day I got the idea that two of them could be good novels. I began writing them as novels and figured I needed to learn the craft so when I spoke or taught at writer's conferences, I began to attend fiction classes that were being taught by folks like Angie Hunt, Brandilynn Collins, James Scott Bell, Jack Cavanaugh, Gayle Roper, and Tracie Peterson.

It was attending Tracie Peterson's comprehensive fiction clinic that was a turning point in my career as a novelist. For the very first time in my life I shared my fiction with other readers and writers. I opened myself up to Tracie's critique and teaching.

Tracie encouraged me to approach the publisher who already had our non-fiction book, and who already had my God Allows U-Turns series. This was very good for me because they already knew me and my work ethic and my passion.

They didn't know if I could write fiction...until I presented them with a book proposal and several sample chapters. They contracted me for two novels right off the bat.

All I can say is that God is good...all the time He is good!

I cried for days when I got the news.

Long story short, I work hard but I have been blessed. God continues to open doors for me and I continue to do my best to be a good, faithful and thankful servant.

My first non-fiction book written solely by me will release in 2008. I'm working on it now and it is due in 2007. I've just completed my second novel and because I do not have any contracts to write any more novels, I am working on a book proposal for a fiction series. This "business of writing," is a never ending stream of book proposals, pitches, negotiations, contracts, rejections, deadlines, and jumping back on the wheel to do it all over again.