I try to stick one brand at a time, right now I'm using L'Oreal age perfect line.

Over the past few years, I have noticed a rapid decline in my skin. For many years, I was using synthetic HRT and my skin was great. I vividly remember my doctor telling me that I would see a big change - as she was also telling me that I could no longer take my beloved HRT. She wasn't kidding either. Although I am now using bioidentical HRT - my facial skin has (seemingly overnight for Pete's sake) dried up, wrinkled and sagged.....

I've been rereading my bible 'The Wisdom of Menopause" by Dr. Christiane Northrup - and think I will try a few of her suggestions for post menopause skin care. She recommends: #1 - eating a healthy diet and drinking WATER..., #2 - Fiber, #3 - Fish (Omega-3 Fats), #4 - Soy (supposedely rebuilds collagen) #5 - Supplements (Coenzyme Q10, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Proanthocyas (?), and Alpha-Lipoic acid) Daily cleansing, toning and exfoliating and Sunscreen are a must.

Of course, stress is probably responsible for a lot of the decline - and did I mention that Stress is my middle name?? I think I'll talk to the doctor about retin A for the deep wrinkles around my eyes and upper lip - those really bother me the most.

I have to say that, as I progress through this aging maze, I see my mother's face in the mirror looking back at me. Now that she's gone - in some way, I feel her presence more than ever. That resemblence used to bug me - not that she wasn't beautiful - I just wanted to look like ME. That reminds me, I have a tear jerker poem to post soon about My Mother - Myself - I sob everytime I read it.