I believe as Blue stated, which is what I learned in Catechism. I love that prayer Chatty, and thank you for posting it. When I read it I realized I had learned that poem too, in parochial school. I think that our conscience is different than a guardian angel: our conscience serves to guide us in right vs. wrong and is a funciton of the mind. Many sociopaths believe in guardian angels, yet have no conscience. I think that our GA can speak to us through intuition. Also, like Anne said, I think we can have an image of our GA appear to us. Dotsie, I don't think you have faith in the GA but in GOD who works through GAs. About 9 years ago I was really struggling with who I am and why I am here. I was not in touch with my whole history, because much of my childhood I had deliberately suppressed in the recesses of my mind. Meanwhile, my mother had sent me my childhood photo album. I had it for weeks, afraid to open it. Who knew what the pics might reveal? Yet, I was drawn to it. I asked God for general guidance one night. In the middle of the night, I had a dream that was more like a vision. 2 ANGELS appeared by my bed, not with halos and wings, but recognizable as angels nonetheless. "I am Michael" one said. "I am Odetta" the other said. Then Odetta said, "We are always with you." And Michael said, "Go without fear." I woke up my husband, "Hey, did you hear that? The angels Michael and Odetta were here. They told me to go without fear." (He had not heard, but believed me.) What, where was I to go without fear? Well, not long after that, I opened my photo album, and started on the long hard journey of getting in touch with my childhood. Then, I started working on my book, and you know the rest. I had never heard of Odetta, so a friend of mine more literate of the Bible looked up Odetta, and told me that she is mentioned twice as an ANGEL! (Blue, maybe you know more?) Anyway, these were not spirits that had passed on, but real true Guardian Angels. I felt blessed.

Edited by Lynnie (10/03/06 11:15 PM)