Quote:

Also, some men will charge a woman with kidnapping if she takes the children out of state so it's good to check with an atty about the correct way to do it.

That was my problem exactly, except in VA it is if I left the house and took Sofia. When he couldn't manipulate Sofia into staying with him, BTW I think he did that so he can get away with not paying child support. Anyway, I went to an attorney and he refused to sign the separation agreement. I pretty much had to give everything away in order to get out of there. My attorney worked for a law firm that was for women only. Their compassion was overwhelming (sarcasm). First of all they were extremely expensive, and I used practically most of my nest egg to pay the retaining fee. Then they did a lousy job. The lawyer kept encouraging me to fight and go to court if I had to. Well, of course that meant more money in their pockets if it went that far. Plus it was possible I would've had to stay in the same house for a year. I just couldn't do that at the time.

Anyway, thanks Dianne for the input as to what to do. This is really helpful incase I ever find myself in a situation of trying to help a women of DV.

I think I am going to start another thread on the full story of what happened to me and why I left him when the circumstances were totally wrong. I don't want to highjack this thread.

I love you alot Dianne!

Cheers,
Cathi