Dianne, where is your picture? When I got married to my now husband, I used to list for him all that I had done during the day, including my job. "I went to work, I answered 77 phone calls, I did the laundry, I ..." as if to justify my existence. This was a pattern that developed for me as a child, when I had chores to do after school, and my step-father "inspected" my accomplishments. "The faucet on the tub should SHINE" he'd say. "Now put a SHINE on that faucet!" Then, the man I was married to in my twenties wanted to know how I earned my keep (he did not want me to work: "No wife of mine is going to sling hash!" he'd say.) So I'd list laundry, and other household chores. My now husband (since 1988) told me more than once that I do not have to justify how I spend my time. Yet, here I am on BWS, feeling guilty for not doing anything I thought I'd do today. Some of the patterns are hard to dissolve! I am grateful for TAW because it helped me to get in touch with creativity, rather than thinking that chores was my only reason for being!

Edited by Lynnie (10/12/06 06:37 PM)