Anno, you mention stepchildren. You were probably the best thing that ever happened to them. I'm surprised they haven't hunted you down.

I know a woman who married an abusive man with young children. This woman only stayed married to this guy for about a year before she ducked out. About 20 years later, one of his children tracked her down and shared how much she had loved the woman. She said she was the only positive female influence she had ever had in her life. Sad, huh?

Page 26:

I was sickened by what the minister said to you. I can't believe he led you to believe it was your fault, you needed to pray more, possibly fast and become more humble and submissive. Then for him to pray with you and ask God to change YOUR heart and YOUR ways made me want to throw up.

How did you get beyond that because I know you are a faithful woman and I feel the church did you a tremendous disservice. I can only guess that you realized he was one human being who THOUGHT he was representing God. In my opinion, he was totally misrepresenting God.

I know a woman who had a total sex change. She came into his world as a male and is now a total female. I knew her for about a year before reading her book. She shared a similar experience about when she went to a minister for guidance. He basically told her to be the man God intended her to be, but was so degrading in his choice of words. It surprised me that she didn't run as far as she could from the church. Instead, she remained faithful and remains so to this day.