Aging definitely makes some changes. Like chatty lady, I can cry over the most unexpected things.........a dead racoon in the middle of the road set me off the other day (see chatty you're not the only one!) a sad song on the radio can get me going, some of the commercials on TV (especially around the holidays) that are meant to tug at your heartstrings, and sheesh you don't even want to be near me if an animal gets hurt in a movie I'm watching.

On the other hand.......I'm more comfortable with who I am now. I've learned to say "NO!" (boy did that take years) to things people ask me to do that I don't want to do. I've learned not to waste my time with negative people I don't want to spend my time with. I've learned to speak up (well that never really was a problem, maybe what I mean is I've learned to do it in a nicer way, and get better results) and I've learned to stop and think and choose my battles before opening my mouth.......some things are worth fighting for, other things, well, they really don't matter so much.
As for aging and the weight issue.......sigh....it has become an endless battle. I'm still trying to lose "the last 10 lbs" and I do well for a while, lose a few lbs, then I gain it back again. It sure is harder than it used to be.