I'm sorry I lost track of this thread after writing my gripes - life is barrelling on...my father-in-law had a stroke and we had to admit MIL for respite care until we find out more about his condition and can decide what to do with them both.

as to my earlier post...

No, not everyone here is so corrupt. The guy at the credit union is extreme, although all of the banks here are very down on ag. financing. You can go get a new boat or camper without a second look but try to get the same amount for your farm and they want 10 times the collateral as the loan amount.

As for redress for our damages, we are looking into that. I did consult and out of state attorney (keeping out of ND because in the legal sense, ND is one big small town) and was told that the cu didn't do anything illegal, but highly unethical and that doesn't help in court. We have hired the best ag. lawyer in the state to make the little punk ag. supplier who has caused so many problems go away. We have some damning evidence against him involving other people so we're hoping he will see the light when our lawyer meets his.

Also, there is a federal agency that regulates CU's and we will be filing a complaint and asking for an investigation with them but must wait till we are firmly on our feet financially again. We can't take any chances on retribution anywhere else.

You are all so right about cc's! We paid ours off every month, too, until the cr. union did their work on us. We are striving to get back to the monthly payoff routine. We've never had more the 2 cards, and that helps. Just last month I was able to get the 2 card banks to bring our interest rates back down to 8% from the 28% they had been charging us. It took two years to get them to back down.

I am also scrutinizing our credit reports and disputing the CU accounts. The CU response was to add more bad information and we haven't even done business with them in over a year! This is NOT fun!

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know I appreciate your input and encouragement.
Thank you!