Anne, a very good point for boomers to hear. Because any of us could be thrust (even willing as I'm sure you are) into the role of caregiver (I've been there twice) and if you don't work for a company who believes in helping/supporting their biggest assest, the employee, then you're up the stream without a paddle. How do you generate income, take care of a love one, and keep stress at bay...Great topic in it's own right. I would LOVE to give a workshop on that one topic right there! Gosh I could write tons on it, unfortunately.

Cookie, you are one of those rare individuals who has found the "secret" to staying out of debt. I hate the B word, most of us do. No, not that one...the B---as in Budget. But it is a necessary evil. I stumbled onto a site one time called "Cheapskate Monthly." Some of you have read post where I go on and on about Mary Hunt and what she proposes. Well, it is exactly what Cookie is doing, or should I say, HAS been doing all these years. How did you get so dang smart, Cookie?

This is one great method for STAYING out of debt but there's another thing that needs to be explained to the public (IMHO) and that is WHY people get in debt in the first place. There are lots of reasons already listed here and Ladies, you have my upmost respect for sharing your personal life experiences here, but there are as many reasons as there are people, just about.

I want to thank everybody for jumping in here and sharing. Maybe we are reaching someone out there that needs to hear/read/learn from this topic....yes?

I know I have, and let's face it, I thought I knew EVERYTHING! hahah..ahem...