Well, I was very lonely when I met the man who I've been with since 1984. However, in our first conversation I said to him: "I was married before and I will NEVER get married again." We got married in 1988! Sure, there are ebbs & flows, and sometimes I get bored to tears with a mundane middle-class marriage. But I've learned that IS marriage. Try to draw on our spouse's strengths instead of seeking for them to offer what they just don't have to give. My husband has never read my book, because he can't bear the pain, although he knows the whole story. But he encouraged me every step of the way toward writing & publishing & speaking, without comments on money. To me, that's sharing our earthly path together on the deepest level. Yet, if I have certain problems and he's just not capable of meeting me where I am at, I might go to my own self, a girlfriend, this site, a counselor. I just can't expect MH to be all things at all times. Life is too complicated. I think we have to stretch our spheres of support, figuratively speaking. Or maybe I expect too little. Maybe not, since whatever we are doing seems to be working! Dianne, you did a good job of meeting him where he is at, literally, and you also did a good job of getting OUT THERE to support others. Who is your support besides YH?