Dianne, thanks for sharing a real clear example. I get the dynamics of your communication (or lack of) in regards to your work. It sounds like he is about logic and statistics. He turned the angst of aging into a stat about surgery! Your comparison with the interview re: TC & ML is a good one. By the way, it does not sound weird about your pre-writing ritual. Some people have a glass of scotch or a joint first! I use an affirmation, stillness, a warm up with journal writing or letter writing. I also see that you clarified "female emotional issues." Does he understand male emotional issues? Or some universal emotion, such as grief or fear. Would he be able to be in touch with those emotions? Or is he unaffected, or flat. If so, it would be so difficult to stay connected and close If however, "all" you are missing is someone to get feedback in regards to your work, yes, outside sources are the way to go, but that should not interfere with closeness between you and your husband. You do a lot of work in all you do. Buy any new shoes lately?