BB
It could be a different site, but I believe that is the one that sort of plays with the heart of writers by telling them their poem will be published in an anthology that they don't 'have' to buy, but some how wind up buying. And the anthology turns out to be an inferior publication with their poems on pages that have been merely inserted.

I believe it is them that has a contest that everyone wins, but they make each author feel as if they are the only winners. Then they say the prizes are being awarded at a convention somewhere with a lot of buyers for poems, etc. (the one I heard of was in Washington, D.C.) and the cost of attending turns out to be several hundred dollars and the convention turns out to be a farce.

A friend of mine fell for it all. Spent more than a thousand dollars before she came to her senses. She's no chump, but it kind of sneaked up on her a little at a time.

It could be a different site, but I definitely remember he saying it was poetry.com. My advice would be to search preditors and editors and go into anything with your eyes wide open.
smile