quote:
Originally posted by Dotsie:

I learned that the Small Business Resource Center will help you write a personalized business plan for FREE.

Dotsie, I want to share something that I learned very early in life when I was doing business plans, grant writing etc.

In "many" circumstances, don't do it yourself, send it in and expect to get accepted. get a CONTACT PERSON to help you. Here's why. I would ask for help and be assigned a particular person/s. We would obviously form a relationship and I would keep in close contact. When a stack of business plans, grants, would cross this person's desk, it is only human nature that they recommend yours as one of their choices, after all they helped to hone it to acceptance level.

They take what I refer to as "joint ownership" of your project, plan, etc. It made perfect sense to me to always find MY contact person and do business thia way.

I was NEVER refused on any grant/business proposal in my eight year Economic Development field. Of course I was particular about what I felt was feasible, so the idea had to go through me first.

I have formed some lasting friendships which is also icing on the cake.

Makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

I am sure Dian, Smiles and others can add their experiences to this post also.

chick