Hello Hannelore,

I hope you have a great summer! It is hard for me to stay online in the summertime. I like to sit out on the deck and read, write and just do some bird watching. Perhaps imagine that I am at those outdoor cafes on the Haupstrasse, LOL. Or having a drink in the Mandraki Harbor in my hometown of Rhodes, LOL. I can dream can't I?

Virginia Beach is alright. It has changed since I moved here about 10 years ago. We have a mayer that seems to love the developers and it is getting a bit crowded now. For example, the one beach I liked going to had a really nice cozy seafood restaurant. It is now a high rise condo and the only ones that can enjoy the view of the ocean are the residence. This is something that saddens me. The weather seems to be getting hotter and more humid each year. Or perhaps it is my hot flashes, LOL. But at the same time, it is home now and in my belief, it is what one makes it out to be.

Thanks for letting me know how some things have changed in Germany. I am glad to hear that they have loosened up a bit on the businesses. I had a friend that had a nice boutique in downtown Heidelberg. She eventually sold it because she didn't like the fact that she couldn't service her customers the way she wanted to. It would be nice for her now.

Anyway, have a great summer.

Cheers,
Cathi