I cannot imagine having the luxury of being exposed to so much beauty (I read about places alot) and having neighboring countries within a half day's ride. I have a friend who writes a parenting column that lives over there and she describes things pretty much the same way. Boring? Never. Ever!

So much history there! One of our members is taking a cruise this summer over there, but I'll let her tell about it, if she choses to. Don't want to tell her beeswax with permission!

My sister has been to Germany and she said she fell in love with the people and the country. I could sit at someone's feet and listen for hours and hours about it all. I find it fascinating! Thanks for sharing.

I know this is a discussion about other countries, but let me say also that I felt the same way after visiting Yellowstone. What an amazing place with all of the waterfalls and different animals and plants...I'd go there tomorrow if I could...so many places to visit on this great planet of ours. I've always thought I would like to see Czechoslovakia. I'm drawn to it for some reason.

JJ