I'd be happy, JJ, to share with you some of my impressions.
The German people, hmmm what are they like? I can't really generalize like that...you find all kinds everywhere. But if I could call them something, then I would call them: "worldly". I guess that's because Holland, Belgium, France, Luxemburg, Switzerland, Austria, Hungry, Poland Czechoslovakia, Finland, and Sweden all border directly to Germany. Italy is just a three hour car ride from our house. It's really incredible; drive a couple of hours and you're in another country. I guess that makes the people here pretty open minded, interested in other cultures, tolerant and liberal thinking.
The German's are overly sensitive about war…I would think because of their own history, they have become peace mongers…and support everything; but military force.
What do you think Cathi? Would you agree with me on this?
The cities are fascinating, because of the culture. You'll find castles and huge ancient cathedrals between modern, and very daring architecture. Almost all cities have huge pedestrian avenues…which sort of replace the mall. I think it's better, cause you get a breath of fresh air between visiting the stores.
I don't want to bore you with too much info., This was a fun question to answer, thanks for asking JJ.