Hello Sue, I have been away tending to family needs since my nephew's death. So sad. My nephew was a musical and science genius. He shared his gifts with joy. I'm trying to think of a way to ask you a question. Pardon me, but I am not having my most articulate moment. You can see from my signature what my focus has been since 2003. It seems that my whole life was leading to telling my story via my book. As I progressed in my healing, I felt responsible to help others heal. Recently someone told me that I am responsible only for my own healing, and that I do not owe society anything else. Also, surrounding myself with trauma by being a victim advocate and doing presentations on SA and DV does not bring me joy! I am suddenly aware that I have continued to identify myself with trauma by being a victim advocate and talking about trauma. I am having a sudden shift in the aftermath of my nephew's life and death. I want more joy! I am thinking I may resign from my advocacy positions and just paint watercolors! I find joy in writing, so writing my breast can memoir isn't so traumatic. But constantly talking about SA, DV, and incest is not joyful work. How do you find joy in your work? How do you remove yourself from the identity of a victim (or do you?) Have you ever considered this? I'll hit Add Reply before I