Hi, Dotsie, ironically, just this past November, I attended my high school reunion. Previous to that, I’d lost all contact with everyone. But with the reunion (and all the flurry of emails leading up to it), yes, now my high school friends know about the incest. And they’ve all been truly supportive of me. So telling them has been a very positive experience. Of course, as one would have guessed, I’m NOT the only one who had a difficult childhood. It’s just no one talked about things back then, so we’re all only discussing it now.

However, Christopher, my boyfriend, did not attend the reunion. I do have his email address and have been trying to work up the courage to contact him. I’m just not sure what to say. What’s so very sad is that Lynn (his “other” girlfriend whom I write about in my book) committed suicide a few years after we graduated high school. Isn’t that strange, that he was torn between the two of us who were equally struggling—though neither of us showed it at the time. I always thought she was “fine” in high school.

That’s fascinating that you just ran into your first boyfriend! I can understand your reaction! I know if I saw Christopher, I would be tongue-tied, confused, etc. Those early relationships are amazingly powerful!

I’m so pleased you like the pajama party scene in my book. Whenever I give a reading, I always read it! Sue