Lynnie, I too am sorry to hear this. I have you all in my prayers. Have a safe trip.
Sue, I am enjoying you as this month's author.
I have a childhood friend who decided to speak out about her father years later. When the news was out, I called her and spent the weekend at her home. She told me everything...
No one wanted to believe her.
She decided to tell it all when her father wanted to start taking her son out with him on weekends.
Why do 'most' people want to believe it is a lie rather that admit that this possibly happened? Many of her/our friends said to me, What if Janie(not real name) is lying. My biggest worry was "What if she's not?" or "Please let her be lying!"
I made a concious choice to believe every word she said. I don't know why. Mostly because if she did experience such horror, she needed someone who truly cared. If she wasn't honest about it, then she had another problem and still needed a caring friend.
(Janie) took her parents to court but nothing was done. She believes her Mom turned a blind eye. Insult added to injury. When I see her again this year, I will mention your book, Sue.
chick