HI, Dianne, I agree with you that people are much more open to talking about difficult and scary personal issues than past generations. Probably quite a few reasons...one, perhaps, because we rebelled against the "shut-down" 1950s, all tied into the anti-war movement, the women's movement, even, ironically, the sexual revolution, in that we were always so "out there." But am I getting too far afield? Well, certainly the women's movement helped for our voices to be heard. Publishers, for example, publish many more women today than they did in the 1950s and '60s. Too, just think about the revolution in the therapeutic field. Back in the '50s, there were really only Freudian analysts. Very expensive. Very inaccessible. Now there are social workers and therapists all over the place. Probably even television helped us speak out. I remember years ago maybe the first TV movie about incest called (I think) "Something about Amalie." (I may have the wrong title.) But one movie like this helped, I'm sure, thousands of women feel as if it was safe to speak out. And, of course, from that, all the TV talk shows! In any event, I think that's so positive that you were able to discuss these issues with your cousins. And, you're right, this never would have happened years ago. Thanks for such an interesting question. Sue