Hi, Dotsie, My main teaching job is at the low-residency MFA in Writing Program at Vermont College. What's nice about a low-residency program is that it's geared toward non-traditional students. What this means is that most of our students (and faculty) both live and work elsewhere. Twice a year, we go to the main campus in Montpelier, VT, for a 10-day residency, where there are intensive writing workshops, lectures on craft, readings...and where we all get to spend some great time with each other talking about writing and reading. (Of course we have "down" time, too, and just have "fun.") In this program I teach both fiction and creative nonfiction. Of course, poetry is also taught. Then, at the end of this residency, I am given five students with whom I work one-on-one during the rest of the semester. Every month my students send me a packet of their writing, which I critique, and return. Since writing is such a process, it's a great way to learn and study the craft.

In addition to this MFA program, I also teach in what is called a "Post-Graduate Writers' Conference," which is also at Vermont College. Mainly, it's for writers who already have some writing experience, and it's in all genres: short story, novel, poetry, memoir. This year it's from August 10-16, and during this time we have writing workshops, lectures, and readings. Plus, the classes are small--only 5-7 students-- so there's plenty of one-on-one time. Here is the website URL for the writers conference http://www.tui.edu/pgwc/, in case you want more information. Sue