HI, Renee, how good to hear from you, and to learn that you are working on a book! The topic, about taking care of your mother as well as the greedy relatives, sounds like a story that will interest many people! And good luck with the writing class. I, too, studied writing, and it helped me a great deal, mainly in terms of learning the craft! But I can't imagine those of us who write memoirs needing "factual data" like a court document! Not to worry: after all, while of course a memoir is based on factual material ("this really happened to me"), it isn't as if we walked around with video cameras when we were kids! You know, all I can write is my memory of events, how things seemed to me. For example, if my sister wrote a memoir of our time as children, she'd have very different memories than mine. In other words, a memoir isn't the same as a biography or even an autobiography. Yes, I have heard of the Child Help organization. They are helping so many children. It's an amazing group. Thanks for posting! Sue