Hi, Dorothy, Thank you so much for posting here. That's an amazing story about your father. And it means a lot to me to hear some of your own journey. It also sounds as if it will be an important book. To my mind, I'd suggest you keep writing and not worry about the James Frey incident. I mean, we have to write our stories, regardless. I actually haven't heard anything about the nonfiction market "closing down" because of it. I figure that publishers HAVE to publish or they go out of business, so I wouldn't be overly concerned. In fact, I've heard that the market for fiction is "slow"! And, as I say, they've got to publish and earn money, and not everyone is going to write a cookbook or an exercise book...if you know what I mean. So keep writing! That's the most important part, anyway. In terms of an agent, my sense is that you pretty much need one in terms of the "big" NY publishers. However, there are many small publishers and university presses that are excellent. You can find a list of all of these in the library by using the reference book "The Literary Marketplace." (It lists everyone and includes the kinds of things they publish. It also lists agents.) I hope this helps. Again, just keep writing! That IS important! Does this answer your question? If not, please let me know. Sue